Platform Reliability Engineer
Company: PlayStudios, Inc.
Posted on: January 17, 2020
PLAYSTUDIOS is the developer of award-winning casual games for
mobile and social platforms, including POP! Slots, myVEGAS Slots,
myVEGAS Blackjack, and my KONAMI Slots. The apps are powered by the
company's groundbreaking playAWARDS loyalty platform, which enables
players to earn real-world rewards from more than 70 iconic
hospitality, entertainment, and leisure brands across 15 countries
and four continents. playAWARDS partners include MGM Resorts
International, Wolfgang Puck, Norwegian Cruise Line, Resorts World,
Gray Line Tours, and Hippodrome Casino, among others. Founded by a
team of veteran gaming, hospitality, and technology entrepreneurs,
PLAYSTUDIOS apps combine the best elements of popular social games
with exciting casino gaming mechanics. To learn more about
PLAYSTUDIOS, visit www.playstudios.com
PLAYSTUDIOS is seeking a Platform Reliability Engineer to join the
server development team in Austin. This role focuses on ensuring
systems availability and performance.
The Platform Reliability Engineer will work directly with
engineering stakeholders to develop specifications, Project
Managers to scope and schedule deliverables, and QA Testers to
deliver high quality technology.
PLAYSTUDIOS has a deep passion for quality and we want someone with
a high personal bar.
- Monitor live services for availability, latency, and overall
- Act on threats to system health by informing stakeholders, and
alerting and collaborating with developers.
- Instrument systems and create dashboards to monitor KPIs and
trigger alerts based on thresholds.
- Advocate for changes in systems to increase reliability,
scalability, and efficiency.
- Identify and champion best practices for systems
instrumentation to facilitate monitoring.
- Support critical releases, occasionally outside of core work
- Participate in design reviews for proposed software to ensure
scalability, reliability, and efficiency.
- Work with project manager to break down high-level goals into
tasks and timelines.
- Experience in configuring and maintaining monitoring and
- Advanced knowledge of an object-oriented language such as C# or
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL database query
- Understanding of RESTful or similar request-response server
- Thorough knowledge of HTTP technologies and REST/JSON
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- BS in Computer Science or similar.
- Experience with C# 6+.
- Experience with Nagios, Prometheus, or Grafana.
- Development experience using ASP.NET Web API 2.
- Experience with log aggregators like Splunk or Logstash.
- Experience integrating monitoring systems with 3rd party team
collaboration and messaging systems.
- Knowledge of architectural techniques for highly scalable
- Experience in developing software for Windows Server, Linux, or
- Fluency in writing and maintaining unit tests.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% health benefit coverage for you and your dependents!
- Performance-based bonuses.
- 401K plan and stock options.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Great downtown Austin location with extensive nearby dining
options and vibrant nightlife.
- Employee-driven entertainment, happy hours, and team-building
- Catered lunches multiple times per week.
- Snacks and drinks available in the kitchen.
- Casual work environment.
- An open, collaborative work space.
- Commuter benefits program.
PLAYSTUDIOS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be
considered regardless of their sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding and related medical conditions), race, age, religion,
color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental
disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
military or veteran status, or other protected category under the
Keywords: PlayStudios, Inc., Austin , Platform Reliability Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!