Scientific Software Developer and Python Instructor
Posted on: November 11, 2019
About This Position Enthought seeks a talented technical instructor
with a passion for teaching and solid experience using Python for
software development and scientific computing / data science
applications. This is no ordinary consulting or teaching role.
You'll work closely with the rest of our Digital Transformation
Services team based out of our downtown Austin office (with
possibility to relocate to our Tokyo office!) to facilitate our
clients' development of transformative digital capabilities. Among
the many things you'll do: deliver week-long training classes;
facilitate extended multi-week immersive training workshops; work
one-on-one with clients to help them develop tools to solve
technical, scientific, and business problems; and build personal
and professional relationships with clients through long-term
collaboration. You'll have exposure to many facets of our
comprehensive consulting approach - one day you might be working
side-by-side with an engineer on a gnarly technical problem while
the next you may find yourself mapping out the high-level business
case with senior leaders of the organization. You'll also travel to
great cities in the U.S. and abroad to develop scientific computing
capabilities of scientists, engineers, analysts, and data
scientists across a range of industries.
- Spend three to six months onboarding to the technical classroom
content and the "stories" that go with it, the Enthought Platform,
and the various modes of instruction.
- Teach live workshops on Python for scientific computing / data
science across the U.S. and internationally.
- Deliver intensive one-on-one technical development and coaching
- Work with the team to develop, produce, and deliver technical
and educational assets (course materials, cheat sheets, white
papers, videos, webinars, etc.).
- Support internal and client-facing communication and
- Work with the team to identify, develop, maintain and enhance
internal tools, processes, and infrastructure.
- Prepare and facilitate strategic hackathons.
- Support the sales team in evaluating customer needs and
Desired Skills and Capabilities
Reporting to the Director of Training Solutions, the Digital
Transformation Consultant and Instructor must be diligent,
organized, versatile, and collaborative. Mandatory job requirements
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related area of computer
science, mathematics, engineering, or science
- 2+ years of experience using Python for scientific computing
(e.g., analysis, engineering, science, modeling, data science)
- 2+ years of teaching experience (e.g., trainer, college /
university instructor or teaching assistant, or other)
- Strong organizational & project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be willing and able to travel regularly (up to 2 weeks per
month on average) to deliver training services (e.g., classroom
training, workshops, hackathons, intensive one-on-one technical
development and coaching sessions, office hours, and technical
seminars) in the U.S. and internationally
- Knowledge of Japanese a strong plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or national origin.
Keywords: Enthought, Austin , Scientific Software Developer and Python Instructor, Education / Teaching , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!