Middle School Instructional Math Coach
Company: Wayside Schools
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Job Title: Secondary Campus Level Math Coordinator - Sci-Tech Preparatory
Contract Days: 220 Days
Reports to: Campus Administrator -
- Bachelor's Degree (required), Masters preferred
- Valid Texas teaching certificate in secondary education
- 5-8+ years classroom teaching experience in grades 6-9 mathematics
- Experience and knowledge in working with adolescents.
- Demonstrated significant academic achievement with students
- Curriculum development
- Using data to inform instructional practices
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge in applying adult learning theory when working with adults
- IB Experience a plus
- Bilingual Spanish speaker preferred -
To improve student achievement in math by providing math teachers with strategies and resources that are aligned to content standards and result in an increase in teaching and learning proficiency. The secondary math coordinator works as a guide, collaborator and consultant in professional growth and development for math teachers in grades 6-algebra. Additionally, the secondary math coordinator will work to develop curriculum documents and formative assessments to inform instruction and identify areas of growth for teachers and students.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills for building an environment with a common instructional focus
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to design and deliver quality professional development for administrators and teachers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of collaborative models for individual teachers and teams as they develop goals for growth.
- Demonstrate knowledge of vertical and horizontal math curriculum alignment
- Demonstrate the ability to support work across grade levels 6-algebra in math
- Demonstrated previous coaching or teacher leadership experience and a strong commitment to continued personal growth
- Demonstrated experience with the coaching cycle including developing lessons with teachers, pre- conferencing with teachers, modeling lessons with/for teachers, observing teachers, structuring activities with teachers that are designed to enhance instructional delivery in the classroom, and post-conferencing with teachers.
- Demonstrated experience in researched-based instructional practices
- Working directly with students to increase outcomes in math performance
- Plan and implement professional development opportunities that are based on an analysis of student performance indicators and are aligned with current research.
- Ability to establish trust and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Coach teachers by developing lessons, pre-conferencing with teachers, modeling lessons with/for teachers, observing teachers, structuring activities with teachers that are designed to enhance instructional delivery in the classroom, and post-conferencing with teachers.
- Assist teachers with disaggregating and interpreting assessment data for all students, using available resources and technology, with an emphasis on identified subgroup populations and to plan effective instruction.
- Conference with teachers using data to effectively inform instruction.
- Positively impact overall student achievement through targeted coaching and professional development.
- Participate in weekly scheduled School Leadership Team meeting
- Collaborate with other curriculum & academic coaches to develop a comprehensive coaching program geared toward educator excellence and innovation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal
Physical Effort and Work Environment:
Services are generally provided within a standard classroom environment. Some movement throughout the classroom is generally necessary to facilitate learning (e.g., standing, walking, stooping, bending, sitting, and/or kneeling). Light lifting of materials and other objects associated with a classroom environment is required (e.g., books, teaching aids, up to approximately 20 - 40 lbs.). Candidate should be willing to contribute directly or indirectly to the development of children both inside and outside the classroom, which may include working hours in addition to the regular school day. Regular attendance is required for this position.
Personal Work Relationships:
Candidate receives administrative supervision and is typically evaluated formally one time per year. Candidate has significant contact with students, and other school staff to provide instruction, offer guidance and exchange information.
Health Insurance, including major medical, dental, vision, and life 10 Days Accrued Leave Per Year Professional Development and Coaching 403(b) plan
To submit an application, please visit our website at -
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Wayside Schools has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
This position is exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., however, the instructional Coach from time to time may work an extended schedule, including weekends and evenings according to demands of the role and tasks.
In accordance with applicable laws and Wayside Schools policies, no person shall be excluded from consideration for recruitment, selection, appointment, training, promotion, retention or any other personnel action, or be denied any benefits or participation in any educational programs or activities which it operates on the grounds of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age or veteran status (except where age, sex, or disability constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification necessary to proper and efficient administration).
All new employees must present proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States. The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Keywords: Wayside Schools, Austin , Middle School Instructional Math Coach, Education / Teaching , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!