ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL High School - Austin, TX, 78759 chevron_right
Company: Hp Schools
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Job Location: High School - Austin, TX
Salary Range: Undisclosed
DescriptionHyde Park Schools seeks to hire a High School Associate
Principal for the 2023-24school year. This position requires a
self-starter who is highly organized and can assist the school
principal in overall administration of all school functions and
operations. The Associate Principal's primary purpose is to
maintain the high quality of professional culture on campus,
maintain safe learning environments for teachers and students, and
maintain a Christ-centered culture at Hyde Park High School.
Qualified candidates will have at least a Bachelor's degree in
education or related field, a Master's degree from an accredited
university with a focus on Curriculum & Instruction or
Administration preferred, and prior teaching experience is
preferred. All Hyde Park faculty are expected to have a commitment
to continued professional growth to meet the needs of the 21st
century classroom through educational articles, research, and
professional development opportunities.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesCurriculum & Instruction:
- Lead an effective professional learning community.
- Promote a school culture that is comfortable and proficient in
creating caring climate for learning.
- Ensure the implementation of the campus curriculum and assist
in determining curricular needs for the campus.
- Help the principal collaboratively implement campus action
plans by utilizing strategies that are systematically designed to
accomplish clearly defined goals.
- Supervise, encourage, and support development of best teaching
practices in an effort to maximize student academic
- Monitor the vertical and horizontal alignment of curriculum as
it relates to standards, campus goals and appropriate
- Promote and monitor appropriate integration of technology into
the academic achievement process.
- Effectively evaluate staff members utilizing campus procedures;
make informed and professional recommendations relative to
personnel placement, transfers, retention, growth plans, renewal
and/or non-renewal of campus personnel.
- Conduct effective formative and summative conferences that
focus on the professional growth of the individual campus
- Supervise all high school department chairs
- Assume responsibility for the school in the absence of the
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of a
positive, productive school climate through interpersonal
relationships with all stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with students and staff by providing
necessary information; actively listening; and engage willingly in
open dialogue with all stakeholders.
- Assist the principal in promoting school activities that foster
rapport and builds mutual respect between the school and
- Help principal develop, maintain, and monitor safety and crisis
plans that are consistent with district, state and federal rules
and regulations. Communicate to all stakeholders expectations for a
safe and positive school environment.
- Help in providing proper training, guidance and support for
staff members with regard to student discipline management
- Expect and ensure the practice of the highest level of
confidentiality as it relates to the dealing with and handling of
student discipline issues.
- Ensure that school rules are uniformly observed and that
student discipline is appropriate and equitable.
- Conduct conferences on student and school issues with parents,
students and staff.
- Follow state and federal employment laws; comply with district
policies, guidelines and procedures, meet appropriate deadlines;
and provide prompt and accurate responses as they relate to
situations involving Human Resources.
- Help to identify staffing needs based on district guidelines
and school programs; recruit, recommend and hire highly qualified
- Employ a thorough interview and reference checking process when
hiring campus personnel.
- Model responsible management of confidential information as it
relates to all professional matters and encourage the same behavior
by all school personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Hp Schools, Austin , ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL High School - Austin, TX, 78759 chevron_right, Education / Teaching , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...