Company: Greater Austin YMCA
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Our Gymnastics lessons focus on enhancing basic body movement,
coordination, and muscle development. The Y offers gymnastics for
beginners to advanced levels. As a Gymnastics Instructor, -you
teach students self-confidence, self-discipline, poise, and grace.
Most importantly, you teach students that gymnastics lessons are
fun! If you have a passion for teaching, apply today! -Location:
Northwest YMCA Center - -5807 McNeil Dr, Austin, TX 78729Pay Rate:
-$15.00 - $17.00 per hour. -Final compensation is based on factors
such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and
experience.Benefits & Perks:
- Free Nationwide Gym -Membership for your Household -
- Retirement Planning Options -
- Learning and development workshops and -trainings -
- Career advancement opportunities -
- Referral Bonus Opportunities -
- Cell Phone Plan discounts for AT&T and T-Mobile/Sprint
- Staff Discounts on Programs & Services -
- Flexible schedules and much more!What You'll Do:
- Render first aid as needed and complete the required paperwork
for incidents and accidents.
- Set up and take-down -gymnastics equipment as needed for
- Ensure that the gym is not left unattended with the equipment
- Conduct warm-up as assigned by the supervisor.
- Teach age-appropriate skills as outlined in the
- Monitor the appropriate placement of gymnasts within classes
and conduct evaluations of students and/or potential students.
- Communicate with the parents of students as needed.
- Maintain necessary records to track attendance in classes.
- Maintain and champion a safe environment in the gym at all
- Lead by example the Y's mission, vision, and values with
program participants, members, staff, and guests.--- - -
- Become an Ambassador of the Y's work and culture by being the
ultimate storyteller of who we are as an organization and brand.---
- Complete other duties as assigned. - - -What We're Looking For:
- Education and Experience:
- You are a minimum of 16 years old
- You have a gymnastics or cheer tumbling background.
- Instructor experience preferred.
- You have current CPR and First Aid certifications preferred or
must be obtained within 30 days of employment.
- Availability: -Weekday evenings (Tuesday/Thursday
4:00pm-8:00pm), and either Saturday or Sunday
- You are a team player. -You are a team player with a positive,
service-oriented attitude and you can work well with others. -
- You are organized and productive. -You are organized, able to
prioritize tasks, and handle multiple assignments.
- You are a strong communicator. -You listen for understanding
and meaning. You speak and write -effectively.
- You foster a culture of inclusion and belonging. -You leverage
people's differences as strengths.About Us:The YMCA of Austin is a
dynamic, equitable force in the community that helps people of all
backgrounds improve their total wellbeing and quality of life.
Founded in 1953 and anchored in three Central Texas counties, the Y
is a $40 million community enterprise that serves nearly 100,000
people annually through eight centers. We also provide afterschool
education and care at more than 70 licensed campuses in four school
districts. Unlike any other organization in the region, the Austin
Y has the unique ability to welcome, educate and elevate all, and
is -committed to creating innovative programs, places---and
people.Additional Information: -The organization has reviewed this
job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties
have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and
abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by
supervisors as deemed appropriate.The YMCA of Austin provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status,
amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with
applicable federal, state, and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies
with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination
in employment in every location in which we have employees. This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation, and training.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Greater Austin YMCA, Austin , Gymnastics Instructor, Education / Teaching , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...