Special Education Teacher
Company: Assessment Intervention Management
Posted on: September 22, 2022
JOB TITLE: Special Education Teacher 2022-2023AIM, Assessment
- Education: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year
- Experience: Experience in a Special Education classroom
- Licenses or Certifications: valid state certification in
Special Education and content is requiredJOB DESCRIPTION:AIM is an
award-winning company that has won Best Place to Work, Top
Workplaces, Best Workplaces in Texas, Top Company Cultures, and is
a certified Great Place to Work!Please visit our website at
aimeducate.com to learn more about what we do, read testimonials
from clients and other AIMers, as well as view a video we did with
the TEA.AIM has an opening for a special education teacher to work
with students who have an IEP in a public-school setting. KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of core academic subjects assigned
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal
- Adapt lessons to meet the needs of students.
- Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for a
- Implement IEPs, assess students' performance, and track their
- Update IEPs throughout the school year to reflect students'
progress and goals
- Assess student's skills to determine their needs and to develop
- Teach small groups consisting of students that are academically
at-risk in reading and/or math to include students in general
education, 504, response-to-intervention, Special Education, and
English Language Learners.
- Collect and analyze student data in order to make effective
decisions to maximize achievement
- Discuss student's progress with parents, teachers, counselors,
- Prepare and help students transition from grade to grade and
- Implement state learning standards and assessments to meet
ambitious academic expectations
- Submit weekly lesson plans
- Implement formal and informal assessments to track each
individual student's progress and learning needs, adjust lesson
plans accordingly and update grade book weekly
- Communicate students' progress with students and family on a
- Effective facilitation and personal use of technology as a
communication and educational tool to improve student achievement
and manage work-related tasks.
- Implement a clear and consistent behavior management system
that aligns to campus-wide initiatives while developing students'
character and sense of community in the classroom
- Help shape and develop a school-wide culture that fosters a
productive and enthusiastic learning environment for each
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with
students and families based on trust, understanding, and respect
for the communities in which they identify.
- Host necessary tutoring sessions to meet all students'
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Daily attendance and punctuality at work are essential
functions of the job.
- Regular District-wide travel to multiple work locations as
assigned; frequent standing, stooping, bending, reaching, pulling,
pushing, heavy lifting, and moderate carrying.
- May be required to lift and transfer students to and from
wheelchairs or assist with positioning students with physical
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the
- Ability to facilitate Admission, Review, and Dismissal
- Strong family engagement and communication
- Record of results for students who are academically at
- Competitive regional market salary for educators
- Health benefits package available
Keywords: Assessment Intervention Management, Austin , Special Education Teacher, Education / Teaching , Manor, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!