Early Childhood Development Center Teacher - St. L
Company: Diocese of Austin Catholic Parishes
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Summary:The Early Childhood Development
Center (ECDC) Teacher provides the highest quality research-based
care and education for the whole child's physical, spiritual,
emotional, and mental development. The ECDC Teacher also partners
with, and supports, the child's family in a loving, faith-filled
community.Essential Job Duties:
- Work with the co-teacher to write and implement weekly lesson
- Ensure the safety of the children by following all St. Louis
Catholic Church and School, and State of Texas regulations,
- Play and interact with children.
- Communicate daily with families regarding activities, upcoming
events, their child's progress, etc.
- Supervise children in his/her care at all times.
- Sit with children at snack and lunch time, modeling proper
- Model Catholic Christian values by saying meal blessings and
- Adhere to State of Texas licensing regulations.
- Respect the confidentiality of staff, children, and
- Perform other related tasks and attends meetings as
assigned.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the structure and basic teachings of the Roman
- Skill in verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Ability to operate word-processing software.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and work
effectively with staff, clergy, religious and laity.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and utilize effective time
- Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal or written
- Ability to proficiently communicate in English (conversing,
reading, and writing).Minimum Qualifications:· Must be 18 years of
age or older.· Catholic in good standing preferred Education and
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- CDA credential preferred.
- Complete 30 hours per year of continuing education. Experience:
- Two years' experience working in a childcare center.
- Valid Texas driver's lic
- Must maintain compliance with the Diocese of Austin Ethics and
Integrity in Ministry (EIM) policies throughout the employment
- Must be able to pass an extensive criminal background
check.Ministerial CharacterThe Pastor is the visible principle and
foundation of unity in the parish (St. Louis King of France
Catholic Church and School - Austin, Texas) which the Bishop has
entrusted to him. He makes Christ's mission present and enduring in
the parish. In order to fulfill his mission, the Pastor employs
suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people).
He shares with them his mission and entrusts various
responsibilities to them.Positions employed at St. Louis King of
France Catholic Church and School - Austin, Texas help to extend
the ministry of the Pastor in particular ways as outlined in the
job description. Therefore, the employee in this position is
closely connected to, and assists the Pastor in, the performance of
his ministry and thereby engages in ministry for the Church.
Keywords: Diocese of Austin Catholic Parishes, Austin , Early Childhood Development Center Teacher - St. L, Education / Teaching , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!