Public Relations Account Executive
Company: Sunshine Sachs
Posted on: November 12, 2019
We're proud to represent clients that align with our beliefs and
work to transform our society for the better. Our responsibility is
telling our client's story, not touting our own. We like to believe
that we are creative storytellers who work to reach audiences and
solve communication challenges regardless of the medium. Sunshiners
are in it for the meaningful moments. Giving back and social good
is at the crux of who we are and what continues to grow within us -
from quarterly volunteer days to teaching and mentoring. We are
genuinely invested in your growth. Sunshine University - ask us
Why should you join us?Every Sunshiner has a say, from
brainstorming pitch ideas to leading client relationships, from
participating to business development, from welcome emails to
all-staff presentations - your voice matters to us. We encourage
curiosity, especially when it's joined with initiative! Our clients
are important (of course they are!), but more important are our
So, what are we looking for?We have an immediate opening for an
Account Executive in our Austin Office. What does this mean? You've
been doing this for a bit (about 3 years or so) and are looking for
your next challenge and opportunity. This is a role for someone who
has an interest in dabbling in multiple industries. You have all
this energy, these great contacts and are ready to target it to
something else, but aren't sure what, we'll help you figure that
out as you DO! You've been on the same account for a bit now and
really want to try your hand at something else - this is your
chance! We are major proponents of the generalist mentality, with
an entrepreneurial spirit - you can speak on anything and are a
Jack/Jane/Juan/Julia of all trades! Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting in developing and executing comprehensive
- Conducting regular and thorough research on various topics,
flagging relevant news updates for teams/clients.
- Drafting, editing and proofreading materials including press
releases, blog content, pitches, fact sheets, FAQs, briefing notes,
and client correspondence.
- Conducting client media monitoring and developing media
coverage/placement and analysis reports.
- Assisting in planning and executing media-specific events
including influencer events and press conferences. Support would
include developing invite lists, managing RSVPs, wrangling media
on-site, drafting and distributing post-event releases, etc.
- Scheduling and providing logistical support for client
- Supporting senior managers on achieving deliverables for a full
roster of clients (average of 4 - 6).
- Creating and maintaining media contact lists to build
relationships with new publications and media contacts.
- Participating in new business meetings, creating proposals as
- Regularly bringing new opportunities for clients - media
meetings, key introductions, etc.
- Working with senior management to respond to client requests
and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
- Administrative support of accounts including developing
agendas, meeting recaps, activity reports, client status reports,
budget trackers, and updating press kits. You should apply if:
- You have 3+ years of experience in communications, public
relations, integrated media relations, etc.
- You are eager and open to learning all aspects of integrated
communications (media relations, social media, creative, brand
integration, talent integration).
- You are a strong writer - persuasive, concise, creative, and
quick! (Also, must support the oxford comma.).
- You have a growing list of relationships with media across a
variety of verticals and know how to leverage those relationships
to secure impactful media opportunities.
- You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and
love a good brainstorm.
- You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability;
this is an important role, own it!
- You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial
spirit---have a suggestion on making something better? We encourage
you to do it!
- You are incredibly organized, detailoriented (see what I did
there?), and able to excel at managing multiple projects
- You're willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when
necessary - our clients often need us to GO, GO, GO!
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and
take genuine pride in being part of something good.
- You make friends wherever you go. I mean, your co-workers are
basically your roommates---don't be uncool Basic PerksSunshine
Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual
merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. We arrange
additional perks as well. From Summer Fridays and celebrations and
events, to quarterly flex days and company-organized volunteer
opportunities, we're proud of the culture we've created across the
company. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Sunshine Sachs, Austin , Public Relations Account Executive, Advertising , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!