Financial Reporting Manager
Company: Farm Credit Bank of Texas
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Who we are:
We are a $24 billion wholesale bank that's been financing
agriculture and rural America for nearly 100 years. Headquartered
in Austin, Texas, we provide funding and services to rural lending
cooperatives in five states and we're active in the nation's
capital markets. Join the Farm Credit Bank of Texas team and help
us grow to meet the ever-changing credit needs of food and fiber
producers, the agribusiness sector, and rural Americans. If you're
looking for a rewarding career with one of the nation's most
respected financial institutions - Farm Credit Bank of Texas (FCBT)
may be a great fit for you.
Manage and supervise financial reporting staff in preparation and
production of monthly in-house reports to the bank Board of
Directors, quarterly and annual published Bank stockholder reports
and District financial information, and quarterly and annual
regulatory reports to the Farm Credit Administration (FCA) and the
Federal Farm Credit Banks Funding Corporation (Funding
Corporation). Responsible for financial analyses as required. Must
be able to work under time pressures and deadlines as dictated by
Farm Credit policies and regulations.
Day to Day Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide supervision and personnel administration as related to
the Financial Reporting staff. Ensures work flow of team is well
planned, coordinated and executed within required timelines.
- Coordinate and manage the production process and review of
staff's work for the published annual and quarterly Bank
stockholder reports and District financial information.
- Prepare the quarterly and annual stockholder reports, press
release and other requested documents and reports for review by the
- Coordinate and manage the production process and review of bank
and district financial data reported to the bank Board of
Directors, FCA (on behalf of the bank) and the Funding
- Work with external auditor to plan their quarterly review and
annual audit of district financial data and disclosures. This
function includes but is not limited to: a) supervising the
preparation of financial reporting schedules requested by PwC and
b) resolving any issues that arise.
- Reviews financial documents or filings for completeness,
accuracy and compliance with relevant Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles (GAAP), regulations and controls for SOX and operations
- Ensure walkthroughs and control activities for functional areas
are maintained from a Sarbanes-Oxley 404 perspective.
- Research, interpret and implement accounting pronouncements and
standards as appropriate in order to fairly and accurately report
and/or disclose financial data to management, stockholders, Board
of Directors, FCA and the Funding Corporation.
- Review and evaluate financial statements and perform analyses,
- Manage the performance of the financial reporting team and
provides opportunities for learning and growth. Provide leadership,
coaching and mentoring. Foster teamwork and collaboration.
- Compile and review the financial transactions of the District's
defined benefit pension plan, prepare financial statements for the
plan at year-end in accordance with generally accepted accounting
principles, coordinate/facilitate financial impact aspects of the
plan with the plan's auditors, and present the audited financial
statements to the DBAC.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
What You Bring to the Team:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in accounting, business, finance or
economics, plus (7) seven or more years work experience in
financial and regulatory reporting. Prior work experience shall
include staff supervision, development of complex analysis,
development of financial policies and procedures, and operation of
PC spreadsheet, database and word processing software. CPA
certification is required. Public accounting background
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are
- Position also requires skills in or knowledge of accounting
principles, financial analysis, consolidated financial statement
presentation, regulatory reporting, interpersonal relationships and
- Position supervises financial reporting team, addresses
personal administration and fosters teamwork.
- Detail oriented.
- Also has ability to identify and seek needed
Why Farm Credit Bank of Texas:
Benefits are an integral part the Farm Credit Bank of Texas total
compensation package. We offer comprehensive, affordable and
competitive benefit options that are focused on health and
wellness, financial security, and achieving a work-life
- Flexible health and wellness benefits, including medical
insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, vision
care, flexible spending accounts, and more---
- 401(k) plan that includes an employer match and additional
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Vacation leave, sick leave and paid holidays
- Option to use sick leave to take your pet to the vet for
- Up to five days per year to volunteer in local community
organizations, services or events
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Physical fitness incentive plan
- Employer matching gifts program
Important note: We care about your hiring process and take it
seriously. There is a real person behind the screen and response
timelines may vary. The interviewing process at Farm Credit Bank of
Texas may include phone calls and emails, on-site interviews, and
requests for portfolios or demonstrations of work. Unfortunately,
we are unable to personally follow-up with each and every
applicant, but we will do our best to create a professional,
respectful, and thorough process for candidates with whom we
identify as a potential fit. Please be assured, we will contact you
if that is the case!
Keywords: Farm Credit Bank of Texas, Austin , Financial Reporting Manager, Advertising , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!