Social Media Manager
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Summary: This is a Social Media Manager role located in Austin, TX that reports to the AVP of PR and Communication and works with marketing team members and subject matter experts as well as external agency partners, assists in managing other social media team initiatives. Do you love crafting the perfect message? Are you a multi-tasking self-starter? Are you passionate about building community engagement? Are you excited about how social media can support SEO, and drive sales and recruiting? Do you have a keen eye for striking visuals? Are you editing this job post in your mind as you read it? If that describes you, then we want you to join our evolving team! The Social Media Manager position is responsible for executing on the social media strategy at a leading insurance brokerage and consulting company. Candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, execute tasks quickly and independently and increase brand awareness to drive revenue growth. We'll be on the lookout for experience in insurance brokerage and consulting, corporate communications, content campaign strategy, and project management. Throw a lot of enthusiasm and a pleasant personality into the mix and you'll be our ideal candidate. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage NFP brand social media channels on behalf of NFP Corp.; ensure brand governance and consistency of voice, visual design, and cultural values throughout channels
- Leverage social media to promote the NFP brand, our culture, leadership, business lines, capabilities and corporate initiatives
- Create, manage and deploy daily organic content and campaigns for LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook; manage content calendar, social media management platform, and other social media programs and initiatives
- Assist in overseeing the development of additional content and digital integration with NFP.com, Glassdoor, Workplace by Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo, YouTube, etc.
- Execute strategies that yield measurable results to grow engagement, impressions and followers on key NFP social media properties; leverage social media to grow traffic and engagement to NFP.com
- Develop, and execute training presentations (5-6 presentations with travel throughout the year) for internal leaders, salespeople, interns, clients, employees and acquired firms
- Make sure corporate social media policy and collateral are up to date, create new pieces as needed
- Assist in managing onsite social media experiences as needed
- Execute monthly social media performance reports, applying analytic observations based on insights from Sprout Social, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Pardot, Google Analytics, etc.
- Work with marketing, brand, creative, PR, web, corporate development, technology, HR, sales and field office teams to coordinate projects to meet core business objectives
- Steward literacy in social media engagement among internal audiences to foster brand values and incorporate social selling strategy, employee advocacy and personal branding practices in adherence to various compliance regulations and guidelines
- Work with HR and marketing on initiatives to build employee engagement on our internal Workplace platform
- Develop, execute and measure paid social media campaigns
- Perform community management and customer service tasks as needed
- Assess and leverage third-party social media and content management platforms, evaluate product offerings with tools such as TweetDeck, Sprout Social, HubSpot, Hootsuite (Pro, Enterprise, Impact, Amplify), LinkedIn (Premium, Sales Navigator, Elevate), Tradeable Bits, Curator.io, etc.
- Coordinate with content and digital strategy teams to repurpose and optimize existing content and platforms
- Contextualize NFP social media stories and strategies in a way that is relevant and helpful to our audiences
- Maintain knowledge management of ever-changing platform features, new social media product rollouts and relevant API updates
- Pursue external professional development opportunities in the digital content and technology industry to keep NFP competitive and current.
- Communicate ideas and concepts clearly and concisely Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- The person must have superb writing and oral communication skills, and a passion for the job
- Well-organized and self-motivated
- Ability to produce quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Great public speaker
- Strong collaborator who can effectively work across entire organization
- Experience with LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo, YouTube and social media management platforms (i.e., Sprout Social, Buffer, Hootsuite, Sprinklr, HubSpot
- Experience in social media content creation and execution
- Strong understanding of how social media fits in to other parts of the marketing machine, ability to consult on maximizing impact of social within an existing content strategy and digital strategy framework
- Understanding of how social media content fit into search rankings
- Passionate& knowledgeable about market trajectory of social media, user-generated content, interoperability, and innovation in new media and communication technologies.
- Ability to think both textually and graphically
- A creative yet practical mind
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Comfortable working with a style guide; knowledge of AP Style a plus
- Insurance brokerage knowledge or experience a plus
- B-to-B experience a plus
- Content portfolio required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in PR, Communications, Marketing or related field
- 3-5 years of social media and digital content experience, either in-house or in an agency
- Knowledge of digital marketing and SEO
- Experience working with agencies a plus
- Experience in B-to-B and financial services preferred, specifically insurance brokerage and consulting Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Keywords: NFP, Austin , Social Media Manager, Advertising , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!