Character Artist - Oculus Game Studios
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Oculus Game Studios is seeking a highly motivated and talented
Character Artist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have
excellent communication skills, have a team-oriented, collaborative
approach to development, and is passionate and proactive in doing
what it takes to make the best games possible.
- Model and texture primary and secondary game characters.
- Collaborate with animation and character teams to create set
ups and control rigs.
- Facilitate tools for exporting rigs to the engine.
- Prepare character assets for export to game engines, as well as
set up within the game engine.
- Manage character related source art.
- Provide support to character-related outsource efforts.
- Help troubleshoot, diagnose and correct art-related performance
- Specify and develop art production tools under the guidance of
the tools programmer.
- Identify ways to increase efficiencies in artist workflow and
- Experienced modeling hard surface and organic character models
in a variety of visual styles (Realistic/Stylized).
- Experienced generating highly detailed models as well as
- Experienced texturing character models, with an understanding
of the process to produce effective normal maps derived from
- Clear understanding of modeling for facial animation rigging as
it pertains to both key frame and motion capture workflows.
- An understanding of character model requirements for rigging
and animation purposes.
- Clear understanding of organic anatomy and mechanical function
- Expert Experience with Maya or Max.
- Proficient in ZBrush and the pipeline between ZBrush and
- Experienced taking constructive criticism and can apply
feedback notes to character assets.
- Technical problem-solving skills.
- An understanding and experience of the supported disciplines:
Modeling, Animation, etc.
- Proactive about making things happen with a drive to continue
to learn and grow as an artist.
- Desire and experience achieving visual quality bar for
- Proven communication skills.
- Time management skills and experience handling large workloads
- Organizational skills with adherence to naming conventions,
directory structure, and asset management.
- 3+ years of experience in game development as a character
modeler and/or animator with successful shipped game
- Experience rigging, weight and setup controls and interfaces
for character animation.
- Experience Creating Facial Blend Shapes for facial
- Experience with Maya C++ API/Python and/or the Unreal
- Experience with Motion Capture pipelines.
- Proficient in Autodesk MotionBuilder.
- Understanding of database management and asset tracking
- Experience creating Prop assets.
- Substance Painter experience.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community
and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and
services, we're building a different kind of company that connects
billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what
matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business
expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our
global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and
working together to empower people around the world to build
community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help
people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org Jobble
Keywords: Oculus, Austin , Character Artist - Oculus Game Studios, Advertising , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!