Director, Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Position Located In Austin, TX
The Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting Director leads our
SEC reporting processes. In addition, this role will serve as a
strategic advisor on all technical accounting matters, including
M&A diligence and integration. This role will lead projects to
support the growth of SailPoint and provide analysis and review of
various internal and external reports, giving advice to management
on U.S. GAAP and SEC filings. This role is responsible for
investing in building a strong team to bring out people's best,
while having fun along the way.
- Oversee the technical accounting function including all
significant transactions (excluding revenue), identifying,
analyzing and applying technical guidance, drafting policies/memos,
and providing training to internal finance and accounting
- Lead the financial reporting function including external
reporting of all 10-Q's, 10-K's, proxy statements, earnings
releases and other forms of SEC financial reports; as well as
internal/management reporting as required.
- Oversee the preparation and review of all financial statement
disclosures, such as cash flow statements, earnings per share,
fluctuation analysis of financial statements.
- Be responsible for lease accounting and stock-compensation
expense related calculations, forecasts and journal entries.
- Be a trusted business partner and advisor to various
stakeholders within Accounting and across the company including
Investor Relations, Legal, FP&A, and Tax.
- Assess and document the accounting impact and required
disclosures for significant events and transactions, including
significant contracts, acquisitions, debt and equity offerings and
- Monitor, adopt and implement new accounting pronouncements
applicable to the company, and proactively partner with business
stakeholders as necessary to analyze the impact on the operational
and/or financial aspects of the company.
- Be a proactive liaison with external auditors to drive timely
closure of technical accounting matters and support finance teams
to ensure proper accounting and disclosure along with documentation
of accounting memos as appropriate.
- Ensure policies are prepared and maintained in a timely
- Be responsible for the preparation of Audit Committee and
Disclosure Committee meeting materials
- Provide guidance to operational finance teams to ensure
significant transactions are properly accounted for and
- Maintain effective and SOX compliant internal controls in
relation to the processes managed.
- Ensure consistent compliance with US GAAP and SEC reporting
- Lead and develop a high-performing team, investing in others to
help them grow, creating a positive working environment, and
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- B.S. or above degree in Accounting, CPA required.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of US GAAP and SEC
- 8-12 years of professional experience with a big 4 public
accounting firm and progressive experience in a private and/or
- Exceptional technical accounting proficiency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a senior management role managing several direct
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask without sacrificing
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran
Keywords: SailPoint, Austin , Director, Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting, Advertising , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!