Academic Program Assistant - Administrative Assistant
Company: University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Academic Program Assistant is responsible for providing
administrative, logistical, and operational support for all aspects
of the assigned academic program. This includes support required by
the academic leadership team, faculty and students. The incumbent
interacts regularly with academic support personnel and other
departments across the campus and the University concerning all
aspects of program operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Event Coordination, Support and Logistics
- Assist in the planning and preparation of all academic-related
events including, but not limited to, commencement, student honor
society, white coat and pinning ceremonies, program retreats, and
guest speaker engagements.
- Coordinate new student orientations with Student Services and
- Attend all academic events to provide on/off campus support;
may require occasional weekend and evening hours.
- Manage and maintain projects for the university including, but
not limited to, faculty credentials and documentation, faculty
course assignments, course syllabi and booklist, student status
rosters, assessments, contact lists, and databases management.
- Assist with acquiring faculty and university accreditation
documentation to include annual CEUs, updated CV, licensure
requirements, etc., and coordinating across departments to ensure
required information is captured in the accreditation files in a
- Assist with the coordination and scheduling of candidate
interviews including meeting invitations, preparing onboarding
schedules, room preparation and set-up.
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day administrative
functions of the program and university related activities.
- Provide administrative support for the program by performing
tasks such as scheduling meetings, maintaining files, expense
tracking reports, travel arrangements, taking meeting minutes,
delivering materials to the classrooms, and business card
- Serve as a campus contact and liaison for faculty, staff,
students, alumni, visitors, or outside agents to relay University
information, policies, procedures, and student-related and
- Provide reception and front desk coverage to the Customer
Service Coordinator as needed (i.e., lunch breaks, vacations,
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the term class
- Serve as a member of the Campus Readiness Team (Safety) and on
the campus reentry team as needed.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESMay perform other duties and
responsibilities deemed necessary.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATIONReports to: Academic Program Director or
designee Positions Supervised: This position has no direct reports
but may manage student worker schedules and timesheets, if
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIREDTo perform this job
successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each
essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
including communicating with tact and discretion.
- Must have excellent project management skills, the ability to
manage competing priorities, and the ability to build and maintain
strong partner relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working
relationships with the public, supervisors, students, professional
staff/faculty and co-workers.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule when required.
- Professional demeanor with the ability to maintain
confidentiality.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree
or vocational training in office skills highly preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience as an administrative
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office
products such as Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.LICENSURE and/or
TRAVELPosition may be required to travel to other campuses to
support academic events.
BUSINESS COMPETENCIESTo perform the job successfully, an individual
should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working
collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when
facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization
to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and
delivering customer-centric solutions.
WORK ENVIRONMENTWork is performed primarily in a standard office
environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work
involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight
hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a
traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating,
and other physical functions as necessary.
Keywords: University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences, Austin , Academic Program Assistant - Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!