Front Office Associate
Company: The Oncology Institute
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Front Office Medical Assistant
Founded in 2007, The Oncology Institute of Hope and Innovation is
dedicated to excelling in cancer prevention, diagnosis, and
education. As the largest private practice cancer center in
California, The Oncology Institute continues to provide extensive
services including state-of-the-art infusion centers, chemotherapy
educational sessions, in-house support groups, dietary and
nutritional counseling, in-house pharmacy, financial counseling,
clinical trials, comprehensive lab testing, and end of life
counseling. We also offer support programs to help patients and
families cope with the challenges brought on by cancer. Today, the
Oncology Institute has served over 150,000 patients.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of quality
orientated professionals focused on patient care.
The Medical Assistant will be responsible for performing basic
front and back office duties.
* EMR Charting
* Perform support functions as needed. This may include, but is not
limited to: scheduling patients' blood transfusions, entering
patient data into registration system, greeting patients, escorting
patients to exam room, assisting patients and/or families in
completing appropriate paperwork.
* Collect co-payments, deductibles, and reconcile daily cash
* Interview patients for the purpose of gathering health history
and current medications.
* Take and document vital signs. This may include, but is not
limited to: patients height, weight, temperature, pulse,
respiration, and blood pressure manually but not limited to use of
* Participate in mandatory staff meetings as needed.
* Assist with inventory organization and stocking of exam rooms and
* Promote TOI's culture of exceptional behavioral standards for
* Maintain and protect confidentiality and security of all
organizational information gained in the course of performing job
responsibilities including but not limited to, financial and client
* Other duties as assigned.
* High school graduate or GED
* Medical Assistant Certificate
* Bilingual Spanish preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: The Oncology Institute, Austin , Front Office Associate, Administration, Clerical , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!