Associate Actuary (Claims Analytics)
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: September 19, 2019
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Associate Actuary
for our Claims Analytics team in our San Antonio, TX or Phoenix, AZ
The Associate Actuary coordinates, prepares and performs actuarial
analyses required to develop new products, project future results,
reprice existing products, and/or determine financial strength.
Under minimal supervision, performs moderately complex to complex
work assignments and problem resolution.Job Requirements
- Applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products, and
- Utilizes actuarial modeling software driven models for pricing,
valuation, and/or risk management.
- Enters data and tables, runs models, and generates
- May make adjustments and improvements to models, when
- Maintains proper price level, price structure, data
availability and other requirements to achieve profitability and
- Identifies critical experience areas to monitor and suggest
timely remedies to correct or prevent unfavorable trends.
- Identifies sources of gain and loss by product and
- Tests pricing assumptions and the appropriate premiums,
interests margins, reserves, and cash values for new products.
- Resolves issues of and navigates obstacles to deliver work
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on
escalated issues of a routine nature.Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of
Actuarial/business/analytical experience -beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 4 or more years Actuarial/business/analytical experience +
ACAS*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. - This will take approximately 5
minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical
- Ability to work on multiple projects, manage competing
priorities and prioritize workflow
- Experience with emerging analytical techniques and ability to
learn new techniques quickly
- Experience managing internal metrics, data, and business
- Experience designing business experiments to support a test and
- Demonstrated ability to share data driven insights and
influence business decisions/results
- Experience working with SAS, SQL, R, Python, Tableau or other
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills; ability
to influence senior leadership and drive business results.The above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best
benefits package in the business, including a flexible business
casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental
and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
- Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to
posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
9/17/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Austin , Associate Actuary (Claims Analytics), Accounting, Auditing , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!