Financial Analyst Senior
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: August 24, 2019
Purpose of JobRoutinely, guides and facilitates cross functional
teams. Teaches and mentors others in executing simple to moderately
complex financial processes and analysis. Proven ability to use
financial principles to solve complex business problems while
performing forecasting, planning, and financial modeling related to
income, profitability, liquidity, capital, leverage, asset and
liability management or operating expense.
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Financial Analyst for
the San Antonio, Texas facility.Job Requirements
- Develops and leads team or process in delivery of financial
forecasts/plans for a business area or function; guides team
members and oversees implementation of forecasting/planning process
and model improvement initiatives and business solutions.
- Prepares and guides team on recurring or ad hoc financial
reports and analysis or cost benefit analysis to support and
provides insight for internal and external management
- Interprets complex financial information and recommends and
implements solutions to key financial and operational
- Contributes to achievement of business goals and objectives by
delivering value-added business decision support to customers and
business partners across the organization.
- Leads product assignments, product pricing, product
profitability and ad hoc analysis.
- Acts as a valued business partner by providing informed,
proactive analysis and business insights to enable effective
decision-making and efficient resource utilization.
- Interacts with senior management and company leadership, guides
team and promotes innovation and productivity to support USAA's
mission and operating state.
- Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of the business, its
products and processes and serves as a resource to team members on
escalated issues.Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics,
or a related field required; 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree.
- If Bachelor's, 6 or more years of related experience and
accountability for complex tasks and/or projects required OR If
Master's, 4 years of financial / accounting analysis or related
work experience OR If 1 year of progress towards an advanced
financial degree or completion of 2 exams towards the CFA
designation, 4 years of financial / accounting analysis or related
work experience*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different
job level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. - This will take approximately 5
minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) experience
- Experience with Cognos and Essbase
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Aptitude to trouble-shoot issues and performm tasks in a
fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to maintain effective and collaborative relationships
with internal customers and IT business partners.
- Master's Degree in business, finance, accounting or related
field, CPA, CFAconstrued as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees
enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a
flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive
medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth
building programs. - Additionally, our career path planning and
continuing education will assist you with your professional
goals.USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and
conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life,
including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness
centers.Relocation assistance is not available for this
Keywords: USAA, Austin , Financial Analyst Senior, Accounting, Auditing , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!