Financial Analyst I
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: August 24, 2019
Purpose of JobIndependently uses financial principles to solve
moderately complex to complex business problems while performing
forecasting, planning, and financial modeling related to income,
profitability, liquidity, capital, leverage, asset and liability
management or operating expense.Job Requirements
- Develops financial forecasts/plans for a major business area or
expense category; with little or no supervision, develops and
implements forecasting/planning process, and model improvement
- Independently prepares recurring or ad hoc financial reports
and analysis or cost benefit analysis to support and provide
insights for internal and external management decision-making.
- Delivers moderately complex to complex financial research and
value-added business decision support and recommends or implements
solutions to key financial and operational opportunities with
limited or no supervision.
- Responsible for product assignments, product pricing, product
profitability and ad hoc analysis.
- Acts as a valued business partner by providing informed,
proactive analysis and business insights to enable effective
decision-making and efficient resource utilization.
- Acquires and applies intermediate knowledge of the business,
its products and processes to resolve issues and navigate obstacles
to deliver work product.Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics,
or a related field required; 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree OR Master's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance,
Economics, or a related field required.
- If Bachelor's, 4 or more years of related experience and
accountability for complex tasks and/or projects required OR If
Master's, 2 years of financial/accounting analysis or related work
experience OR If 1 year of progress towards an advanced financial
degree or completion of 2 exams towards the CFA designation, -2
years of financial/accounting analysis or related work
experience.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. - This will take approximately 5
minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your
- Experience creating cost benefit analysis/business cases used
to support decision making, including for strategic
- Experience providing effective challenge of assumptions and
methodology for cost benefit analysis/business cases.
- Understands how operational changes can impact the financial
forecast through business cases.
- P&C operations experience (examples: - Pricing,
Underwriting, Product Management, Contact Center, Claims).
- Very comfortable operating in a fast-paced, dynamic
environment, working with analysts and presenting to leaders across
functional areasRelocation assistance is notavailable for this
position.The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.Must complete 12
months in current position (from date of hire or date of
placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.Last
day to apply to the opening is 7/2/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Austin , Financial Analyst I, Accounting, Auditing , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!