Financial Analyst III
Company: Farm Credit Bank of Texas
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Who we are:
We are a $24 billion wholesale bank that's been financing
agriculture and rural America for nearly 100 years. Headquartered
in Austin, Texas, we provide funding and services to rural lending
cooperatives in five states and we're active in the nation's
capital markets. Join the Farm Credit Bank of Texas team and help
us grow to meet the ever-changing credit needs of food and fiber
producers, the agribusiness sector, and rural Americans. If you're
looking for a rewarding career with one of the nation's most
respected financial institutions - Farm Credit Bank of Texas (FCBT)
may be a great fit for you.
This position will be primarily responsible for measuring and
reporting the bank's interest rate risk position utilizing the QRM
simulation model. Additional responsibilities include loan pricing,
financial forecasting, variance analysis and preparation of the
bank's financial plan. This position will provide analytical
support and serve as a backup for other positions in the financial
Day to Day Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all functions related to measuring the interest rate
risk profile of the bank and of the bank and district using the QRM
- Gather and develop financial modeling assumptions
- Gather data from the bank's various subsystems
- Prepare various Asset/Liability Management compliance
- Assist in the development of Asset/Liability Management
- Develop and maintain procedures
- Organize updates to policies.
- Administer the Loan Pricing process
- Understand the bank's transfer pricing process
- Produce rate sheets for district associations and OFI's
- Provide support to associations on loan pricing related
- Serve as a back-up to the Manager - Funding and Hedging
- Assist in measuring and monitoring the bank's liquidity
- Assist in Liquidity Stress Testing
- Assist with Debt issuances
- Assist in monitoring derivatives portfolio
- Provide ad hoc analytical support for other internal and
- Perform special project work as directed by the VP,
Asset/Liability Management and Treasurer.
- Provide backup support and cross-training capabilities in the
other departmental functions.
What You Bring to the Team:
Bachelor's degree with a major in finance, accounting, business
administration or economics and four (4) or more years of
experience in interest rate risk management, financial analysis,
financial planning or financial reporting. MBA or CFA
- Comprehensive knowledge of analysis related to measuring and
reporting interest rate risk positions.
- Ability to communicate/coordinate effectively with all levels
of management as well as with outside vendors;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, use discretion and maintain
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to travel on a
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Office
- Possesses analytical thinking and mathematical skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- May coach or instruct lower level colleagues.
- Handles complex issues and problems and refers only the most
complex issues to higher-level staff. Provides leadership,
coaching, and/or mentoring to a subordinate group. May act as a
"lead" or first-level supervisor.
Why Farm Credit Bank of Texas:
Benefits are an integral part the Farm Credit Bank of Texas total
compensation package. We offer comprehensive, affordable and
competitive benefit options that are focused on health and
wellness, financial security, and achieving a work-life
- Flexible health and wellness benefits, including medical
insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, vision
care, flexible spending accounts, and more---
- 401(k) plan that includes an employer match and additional
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Vacation leave, sick leave and paid holidays
- Option to use sick leave to take your pet to the vet for
- Up to five days per year to volunteer in local community
organizations, services or events
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Physical fitness incentive plan
- Employer matching gifts program
Important note: We care about your hiring process and take it
seriously. There is a real person behind the screen and response
timelines may vary. The interviewing process at Farm Credit Bank of
Texas may include phone calls and emails, on-site interviews, and
requests for portfolios or demonstrations of work. Unfortunately,
we are unable to personally follow-up with each and every
applicant, but we will do our best to create a professional,
respectful, and thorough process for candidates with whom we
identify as a potential fit. Please be assured, we will contact you
if that is the case!
Keywords: Farm Credit Bank of Texas, Austin , Financial Analyst III, Accounting, Auditing , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!