Posted on: March 18, 2019
We Are Hiring Financial Analyst - Managed Care Contracting - Full-Time, Days - 4515 Quarry Lake - Austin, TXWhy Join Ascension? Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension's Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization. What You Will Do As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to perform analysis and reporting regarding financial operations and information.Responsibilities:
- Performs statistical, cost and financial analysis of data extracted from various internal sources.
- Prepares reports based on findings, including health care costs, provider contracts, debt capacity, revenue and profitability.
- Assists with budget preparation and financial planning processes.
- Assists with budget review for compliance and identification of cost-saving opportunities.
- Serves as consultant to all levels of management to provide decision support for initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Performs special projects and duties as assigned, including research, forecasting and exploring viable alternatives.
- Responsibilities include development of templates, consolidation of data and preparation of necessary reports.
- Assists in the annual budget preparation process with regard to the Centralized Debt Management System.
- Assists in the preparation of Hyperion interface reports for System budget package. Assists in the preparation and distribution of System Office budget spread templates.
- Responsible for loading final budget spreads into applicable systems and performing required reconciliations.
- Prepares journal entries for Symphony, Ascension Health Ventures and CHV entities in support of month end closing.
- Review HSD cash activity for Ascension Health Ventures and CHV entities to ensure all activity has been recorded for the month, prior to month end closing.
- Reviews financial statements and detail activity for Symphony, Ascension Health Ventures and CHV entities.
- Understand and document budget to actual variances.
- Prepare necessary entries to reclass any activity to the appropriate account(s).
- Review all intercompany receivable and payable accounts at month end to verify accounts are in balance.
- Loads and reconciles data between the General Ledger system and System Office Hyperion financial reporting system.
- Prepare and maintain month end elimination and closing entries within System Office Hyperion financial reporting system.
- Prepare monthly financial analysis and narratives of assigned System Office entities.
- Prepare and maintain account reconciliations as assigned.
- Serve as the System Office Hyperion System Administrator.
- Responsibilities include maintaining the System Office Hyperion application, ensuring the integrity of the data within the system, preparing month end journal entries within the system and transmitting data to the Ascension Health Financial Reporting application.
- Serve as the primary CDMS system accountant, assisting with the monthly CDMS close and preparation of interest rate calculation.
- Assist with quarterly hard close procedures to include preparing various documents and schedules.
- Prepare AHIS annual 990 organizer, and assist with preparation of other organizers as needed.
- Work with tax consulting firm (Deloitte) to ensure 990 filings are accurate and filed in accordance with filing due dates.
- Assist and support the annual System Office budget process by preparing budget templates, reports, loading data and assisting department heads in the preparation of their budget.
- Assist with preparation of annual audit schedules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Certified Public Accountant. Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Master's of Business Administration (MBA) is preferred
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years progressive accounting and financial analysis experience required.
- Two years public accounting experience preferred. Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Health is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: " Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Austin , Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!