Collection System Modeler and Master Planner
Company: Garver Engineering
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Garver is seeking a HYDRAULIC MODELER/HYDRAULIC ENGINEER with expertise in wastewater collection system modeling and master planning to join our Planning and Modeling Team. This position will lead in the delivery of hydraulic modeling and master planning projects for clients across the Garver enterprise footprint, including direct project execution and developing junior staff. Our current backlog of collection system modeling and planning projects will provide an opportunity to apply your skills in a variety of client communities with diverse system characteristics. Secondary responsibilities will be execution of modeling and planning projects across the Water Business Line: water distribution systems, pump stations and storage, conveyance, sewer collection systems, lift stations, outfalls, peak flow storage, and treatment plant hydraulic systems.
This position is focused on technical project delivery, but will also serve as a technical project manager to support senior project managers and client service managers. This position will lead teams focused on the production of water and wastewater system models and master planning deliverables including reports, technical memoranda, capital improvement programs, impact fee studies, development impact review, conceptual plans, sections, details and specifications. The ability to work well in a team environment, have strong communication skills, and take initiative in mentoring junior engineers are critical.
Primary responsibilities of this Hydraulic Modeler/Hydraulic Engineer will include:
* Developing and utilizing collection system hydraulic models utilizing modeling software, such as InfoWorks, InfoSewer, SewerGEMS, InfoSWMM, EPA SWMM, including calibration for dry and wet weather conditions.
* Design of field data collection protocols to collect data for calibration of collection system models, including rain gauge and flow meter site selection and determination of preferred monitoring periods.
* Analysis of dry and wet weather flow and rainfall monitoring data.
* Use of data management and mapping software, including ArcGIS and Microsoft Excel.
* Completing wastewater collection system master plans, including population and sewer load projections, analysis of hydraulic solutions, risk analysis, and CIP planning.
* Preparing master planning reports and capital improvement program recommendations.
* Preparing Preliminary Engineering Reports, plans, specifications, and cost estimates.
* Successfully interfacing with multi-disciplinary design teams, including civil site design, structural, surveying, and geotechnical engineering.
* Working with local and state regulatory agencies.
* Mentoring junior engineers.
Secondary responsibilities will include:
* Developing and utilizing water distribution system and conveyance system hydraulic models.
* Completing distribution, reuse, and water supply master plans.
* Assisting Project Managers in the delivery of water and/or wastewater projects including; water and wastewater system modeling, evaluation and detailed design of water and wastewater treatment plants, supply wells, water reuse systems, distribution systems, conveyance, storage, and pipeline projects.
* Technical hydraulic evaluations that could include transient analysis, pressurized sewer systems, and computational fluid dynamics modeling.
* Participating in local professional organizations.
* Assisting in marketing business opportunities with key clients and development of responses to RFP/RFQs.
* Developing long-term relationships with clients.
Travel to project sites and client meetings, with occasional overnight stays required.
* Bachelor s degree in civil or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited program,
* Registration as a Professional Engineer,
* 5 or more years of progressive hydraulic modeling and master planning experience, focused on wastewater collection systems, working in an engineering consulting firm or utility,
* Proficiency in commercial wastewater collection system modeling software (e.g., SewerGEMS, InfoSewer, InfoWorks, InfoSWMM, EPA SWMM),
* Strong written and verbal communication, high attention to detail, and time-management skills.
* Master s degree in civil, environmental, or relevant engineering discipline
* Proficiency in commercial water distribution system modeling software (e.g., WaterGEMS, InfoWater, EPANET)
* Experience with Sanitary Sewer Evaluation Surveys
* Experience with condition assessment and asset management programs
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm, headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. With nearly 600 employees spread between 27 offices in 11 states, Garver offers a wide range of services with a focus on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, power, transportation, survey, and water. Garver sits in the top 150 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list, while Zweig Group has recognized Garver as a best firm to work for in the multi-discipline category for five consecutive years. Garver is celebrating its 100th year with a series of client appreciation events and by supporting STEM education at 100 schools by donating funds and supplies. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver, LLC is an affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, national origin, veterans, religion or disability, in programs, activities, hiring and employment and complies with all civil rights provisions.Complaints of alleged discrimination or if you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact Tatiana Herrington, Director of Human Resources, TBHerrington@GarverUSA.com, (501) 537-3256.
Keywords: Garver Engineering, Austin , Collection System Modeler and Master Planner, Accounting, Auditing , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!