EVP of Finance
Posted on: January 15, 2019
We are looking for a Executive Vice President of Finance to join our team. As the VP of Finance at Modernize, you will have the opportunity to play a strategic role in helping to propel us to our next stage of growth. You will oversee our FP&A team, Accounting team, and People Operations team, and drive all strategic planning, financial planning, and forecasting in partnership with the CEO and the Executive Team.
Why should we talk? You understand how Finance can be a strategic lever to help a business scale more effectively. You love working in high growth companies. You're a hands-on leader that doesn't need to build an empire to drive results. You love figuring out how to make businesses run more efficiently via financial planning & analysis and process improvement. You enjoy building and mentoring teams and adding to the company culture and your team's values.
What you'll do:
- Build and develop the Financial Planning & Analysis team from the ground up
- Drive the quarterly/annual budgeting and planning process and long-range financial planning
- Build and complete monthly/quarterly budget vs. actual variance reporting, metrics reporting, and analysis to drive accountability across the company. Identifying downside or opportunities for upside and work with stakeholders to mitigate such impact and/or capitalize on areas of growth
- Partner with the CEO and leadership team as our financial advisor, defining and tracking KPIs, evolving our overall strategy, and providing knowledge of financial drivers, risks, sensitivities, trade-offs, and opportunities
- Lead financial analysis of major initiatives to assess ROI, Payback Period, Product impact, breakeven points, lifetime value, etc.
- Drive strategic decision-making through sound financial management supported by consistent and accurate data across the organization and enforcing financial discipline
- Advise on compensation strategy, including bonus and commission planning to drive results & align behavior to high-level company objectives
- Provide insightful and trusted counsel to the CEO, Executive team, management, colleagues, and potential 3rd parties on the financial condition of the business, broad-based business issues, and/or the financial implications of all major business decisions
- Initiate and drive change and have the flexibility to adapt to a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
People Operations & Accounting:
- Provide guidance to the People Operations and Accounting teams, ensuring optimized processes and proper internal controls around all administrative responsibilities of the business, including: month-end close, payroll, banking relationships, cash flow analysis, accounting, taxes, reporting, business insurance, financial audits, 401k plan administration, compliance with laws and regulations, and facility leases.
- Partner with the Accounting team on the selection, configuration, and implementation of a new ERP system
- Partner with People Operations team to ensure we are hiring at the right pace with accurate headcount forecasting
- Oversee the review and management of company documents/3rd party contracts and ensure an efficient process for reviewing vendor/customer agreements
- Work closely with budget owners to manage capital spending, track assets, and facility leases
- Manage banking relationships, including negotiating credit lines and/or loan agreements and choosing new bank services or products
- Mentor team, through development of career paths, providing regular feedback as a coach, and infusing passion into the role and sharing overall company vision
What you need:
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting (CPA and/or MBA preferred)
- 10+ years of diversified Finance experience
- 5+ years Finance leadership experience
- 3+ years Executive leadership experience
- 3+ years of rapid growth technology experience
- (online marketing/e-commerce preferred)
- Exemplary leadership ability with a genuine passion for fostering professional development, trust, and collaboration within your team
- Experience establishing, implementing, and adhering to process improvement initiatives within a high growth environment, and identifying, establishing and enforcing internal controls
- Deep understanding GAAP and overall accounting principles, FP&A, budgeting & forecasting, financial modeling, financial reporting
- Excellent financial and analytical skills, financial modeling and excel, an Excel whiz
- Experience shaping financial infrastructure (systems, processes)
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions, and international expansion
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex financial matters to broad audiences of all levels
Keywords: Modernize, Austin , EVP of Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!