Accounting Operations Supervisor
Company: Trellis Company
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Who You Are: The Accounting Operations Supervisor will supervise accounts payable, accounts receivable, and items processing (payment processing on debtor accounts on behalf of our clients). This position will play a key role in providing direction and leadership to the operations team, identifying opportunities for efficiency and automation, and ensuring exceptional customer service to internal customers and external clients. Maintaining appropriate procedures, processes, and controls over accounting operations are also key responsibilities of this function. Completeness and accuracy over all transactions is a must. Who We Are: Trellis Company is an established and financially strong company with a history of excellence in the federal student loan marketplace. Our present vision is one of reinvention to pursue new opportunities in new markets. This combination of stability and vision creates a unique intersection: a startup environment at a company that also has a stable foundation, resulting in an opportunity for the right candidate to help shape our company's future. This is an exciting time to join the Trellis team! Job Description:
- Plan, schedule, and direct team in performing accounts payable, accounts receivable, and items processing functions.
- Responsible for the regulatory reporting process for federal student loan program and client remittance/reporting for 3rd party collections.
- Manage accounting department's relationship with 3rd party collection clients.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy, as well as timeliness of posting to debtor accounts on behalf of clients, ensuring that all settlement requirements are met.
- Ensure receivables are billed accurately and timely according to individual client requirements.
- Oversee complex 3rd party account reconciliations.
- Answer accounting related inquires and resolve problems and issues promptly.
- Provide a high level of service to internal and external customers.
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure an efficient operation.
- Identify and implement process improvements, including opportunities for automation.
- Maintain updated accounting operations' policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and strengthen internal controls over accounting operations.
- Ensure all payments (invoices, travel reimbursements, etc.) are processed in accordance with company policy and approved signature authority.
- Manage and oversee electronic disbursements (wire, ACH, account transfers).
- Provide oversight and management of third party lockbox partner, ensure identified exceptions are resolved and processed timely and accurately. Education Required:
- Minimum high school diploma and 10 years accounting experience Experience/Skills Required ---high volume environment
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience
- Action oriented, organized, and has ability to juggle several unique tasks at once
- Self-starter requiring minimal management direction and oversight/driven/self motivated
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills/collaborative personality
- Experienced at implementing change to maximize efficiencies in processes
- Comfortable working in high volume, fast-paced environment
- Ability to be discreet/maintain confidentiality
- Problem solver and possesses ability to work under pressure
- Strong Excel, Word, and Access skills, with the ability to learn and utilize multiple systems. Preferences
- Accounting degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience with accounting in a collections organization
- NetSuite, Artiva, or Ontario reporting a plus ---Trellis Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or sexual orientation, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information. ---Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP.
Keywords: Trellis Company, Austin , Accounting Operations Supervisor, Accounting, Auditing , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!