Company: InterSources Inc.
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Job Location: Austin TX
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Note: The duties and primary responsibilities below are intended to
describe the general content of and requirements of this job and
are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
- Lead and perform complex financial, operational, and compliance
audits in accordance with recognized government and professional
internal auditing standards.
- Identify evaluative frameworks and perform comprehensive risk
assessments to identify the primary business objectives, risks,
controls, and audit objectives.
- Set the audit scope and objectives for assigned
- Serve as a Project Manager for audit projects.
- Develop comprehensive audit programs and sampling plans and
propose staff and time requirements necessary to meet audit
- Review drafts of audit reports with the audit client and other
members of the management team, as appropriate, to gain
understanding and buy-in, and appraise the adequacy of proposed
management action plans for the ability to reduce business
- Make oral and/or written presentations to Management and
Finance, Audit, and Administration Committee. Discuss deficiencies
and recommend remedial action.
- Provide advice, train, and/or independently perform special
projects in order to establish, evaluate and/or maintain effective
systems of business controls over operations and/or support
computerized systems if necessary.
- May train, counsel, and/or supervise the work of
- Direct subordinate auditors assigned to the audit and review
their working papers for adequacy and accuracy.
- Perform quality control reviews of audits to evaluate:
completeness, compliance with standards, uniformity in applied
methodology, and adherence to statutes, department standards and/or
legal or compliance requirements.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
management, staff, and external consultants/auditors.
- Support client's safety culture by following safety and
security policies, considering safety in every action, and
reporting safety and security concerns.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, management, public
information, computer information systems, or a related
- Related experience may substitute for educational requirements
on a year for year basis for up to four (4) years.
- Five (5) years of auditing and/or business controls/processing
- Professional certification or license: Certified Public
Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information
Systems Auditor, or Certified Government Auditing Professional.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate intermediate proficiency in Microsoft 365 products
including Word and Excel.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creativity in
- Must have proficiency and ability to apply auditing standards
promulgated by the Government Accountability Office and the
Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Skill in composing and organizing clear and concise audit
reports, summaries, memos, correspondence, directions, and related
- Skill in organizing and analyzing evidence from different
perspectives by different means to identify themes, trends, or
patterns and to draw conclusions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with various levels of employees and outside
- Ability to train and/or supervise the work of others to lead an
audit team, communicate audit findings and recommendations
effectively, process and assimilate large amounts of reading
- Ability to interpret statutes and instructions, evaluate
accounting and/or management operations systems for accuracy and
legal conformance and to prepare clear, concise reports of audit
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive material as
position is authorized to have full, free, and unrestricted access
to all client's functions, records, property, and personnel
required to discharge audit responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate in an effective manner with the client
staff and management, contract service providers, and the Board of
Directors while maintaining productive working
- Must develop and maintain the highest level of credibility.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Work with a diverse, collaborative, and energetic workforce
whose focus is to bring innovation into the industry and how we
serve our customers and team members.
- Utilize our free and reduced-fare transit service to get to the
office and then plan to hit the gym (for free) and work with our
onsite trainers, before heading back home.
- If you have children between the ages of 6 months and 6 years
old, enroll them in the onsite award-winning Child Care and
Learning Center. ...and much more!
InterSources, a Certified Diverse Supplier, was founded in 2007 and
offers innovative solutions to help clients with Digital
Transformations across various domains and industries. Our history
spans over 15 years and today we are an Award-Winning Global
Software Consultancy solving complex problems with technology. We
recognize that our employees and our clients are our strengths as
the diverse talents and opportunities, they bring to the table
enable us to grow as a global platform, and they are directly
linked with our success. We provide strategic and technical advice,
and we have expertise in areas covering Artificial Intelligence,
Cloud Migration, Custom Software Development, Data Analytics
Infrastructure & Cloud Solutions, Cybersecurity Services, etc
Keywords: InterSources Inc., Austin , Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...