Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you want to join an organization that
invests in you as a(an) Financial Coordinator? At Heart Hospital of
Austin, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300
million in programs to support our incredible team members over the
course of three years.BenefitsHeart Hospital of Austin, offers a
total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Financial Coordinator like you to be
a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications This position is
responsible for collecting financial and insurance information from
heart failure and managed care patients, verifying coverage, and
obtaining required pre-certifications prior to Mechanical
Circulatory Support (MCS) procedures and trans catheter heart valve
procedures. Acts as a resource to the (MCS) and Valve Clinic (VC)
teams and its Medical Directors, in addition to Admitting and
Finance offices of Heart Hospital of Austin. Communicates with
insurance case managers. Counsels patients on financial issues
surrounding the inpatient and outpatient care for MCS and VC. Works
closely with MCS Social Worker, Physician and Coordinators.
Communicates patient financial status with MCS and VC teams and
others involved in the process. Participates in providing patient
specific care standards as directed, and follows service excellence
standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction. Assist in
review of Global contract cases to ensure proper insurance filing
and complete follow-up on claim status until claim has finalized.
Primary duties and responsibilities: 1. Develop and maintain
processes and procedures related to implant clearance to provide
for maximum reimbursement. Act as being the financial liaison
between the hospital, inpatient and outpatient clinic, with the
patient/family. 2. Obtains appropriate information on patient's
- Obtains relevant insurance from patient.
- Verifies patient and living donor benefits with patient's
- Determines if pre-certification is required for evaluation,
admission and/or follow-up care.
- Verify pharmacy benefits, authorization requirements and obtain
authorization as needed.
- Coding and identifying CPT, ICD9 and ICD10 for clinical team
and insurance 3. Obtains required pre-certification from insurance
- Communicates with insurance case manager regarding the
- Sends required patient information to case management.
- Attend and report on financial/insurance status as needed at
MCS and VC meetings.
- Maintains appropriate communication with case management
throughout the process, to include pre and post treatment.
- At the time of admission, informs business office and other
involved providers of patient insurance coverage and
- Compiling insurance required documentation and submits for
review to insurance. 4. Communicates financial concerns to other
individuals involved with the patient.
- Keeps MCS and VC teams informed of patient's financial
situation and status within the process.
- Informs Partnership managed care department of new managed care
patients that may require special contracting prior to evaluation
- Seeks assistance for complex cases from program leaders such as
MCS Director or Coordinator, Valve Clinic Manager and MCS Social
Worker. 5. Conducts financial counseling with patients.
- Meets with each pre-MCS patient to complete individualized
financial plan. While this is not typically needed for VC patients,
there could be a special circumstance requiring this service for VC
patients as well.
- Counsels patients on financial issues and advises them on
planning for the implant.
- Refers pre- and post-implant patients to social worker as
needed for financial assistance and referral. 6. Contract
- Ensures contracts are in place with providers prior to
appointment being scheduled and bill getting paid.
- Ensuring facility is in-network, determining if insurance is
Global and if PCP referrals are required Coordinator Financial 2
October 22, 2020
- Determining Global phase and ensuring filed appropriately
- Enter basic contract discussion with providers. Refer difficult
negotiations to Department Director.
- Enter contracts into log for contract management purposes 6.
Support the Senior Leadership team as needed with regard to MCS and
VC cases under financial review. Work with the MCS Director, VC
Manager, Medical Directors, and coordinators of both programs to
enable patients to undergo implantation 7. Other duties as
What qualifications you will need:
- High School Graduate / GED
- Intermediate computer skills including Excel, Word, Outlook and
various insurance verification databases
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).Heart Hospital of Austin, which
is part of St. David's
HealthCare, is a 58-bed hospital. We are one of the highest
facilities in the nation. We specialize in the diagnosis and
treatment of cardiovascular disease.
It features a comprehensive 24-hour emergency department. We have
an advanced Executive Wellness
Program. Our six operating rooms (ORs), including three hybrid ORs
serve the city of Austin. We have
three catheterization labs and electrophysiology services as well.
It is home to one of the largest non-academic cardiovascular
in the world.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute
for over a decade.HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the
World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more
than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated
$3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder We are a family 270,000 dedicated
professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications for our Financial Coordinator opening. Qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume
today to join our community of caring!We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Austin , Financial Coordinator, Accounting, Auditing , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!