Assistant Manager, Joint Venture Accounting
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Job Number 22179626Job Category Finance & AccountingLocation
Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda,
Maryland, United StatesSchedule Full-TimeLocated Remotely?
YRelocation? NPosition Type ManagementJob SummaryThe Assistant
Manager of Joint Venture Accounting will be responsible for
assisting with all aspects of accounting, reporting, and analysis
for Marriotts lodging and corporate joint ventures, including
mixed-use ventures. The Assistant Manager will produce financial
information needed by various stakeholders to effectively manage
the business and meet reporting obligations. Emphasis will be
placed on underlying business processes and tools that produce
accurate, timely, and complete results. This position reports to
the Manager(s) of Joint Venture Accounting and is a key member of
the Marriotts Corporate Financial Accounting (CFA) management
- Ensure that the Companys interests in joint ventures (JVs) are
properly accounted for and reported on the Companys books,
including converting local GAAP to US GAAP for international
- Ensure that reporting obligations to partners, lenders and
other key stakeholders are met in a timely and accurate
- Assist in managing the preparation of year-end and preliminary
audit schedules and footnote disclosures for the Marriott
consolidated financial statement audit.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of processes and
procedures to ensure accurate calculation, review, and reporting of
monthly actual results, monthly forecasted results, annual budget
and long-range plan for the joint venture portfolio.
- Utilize Essbase cubes and Hyperion Financial
Reporting/Management to develop and maintain reports to assist in
the financial reporting of JV results.
- Assist in maintenance of a data repository for each JV that
includes all legal documents pertaining to the Joint Venture such
as the partnership agreement and audited financial statements for
each fiscal year.
- Ensure proper controls are in place to effectively manage
compliance with Marriott policies as applicable to the JV
- Develop and maintain processes to ensure compliance with
financial terms of JV agreements. Examples include ensuring that
financial statements are audited and reviewed on a timely basis and
dividends are declared and paid.
- Provide financial information such as book balances and
forecasts to support management in non-recurring transactions,
including impairments, purchases, sales, or redemptions of JV
- Assist the Managers in prioritizing projects and workloads of
the department members and establishing deadlines around those
- Partner with multiple Marriott departments (Accounting Policy,
Finance Business Partners, Asset Managers, Tax, Legal) to obtain
information for new JVs, assisting with the review of draft
agreements and ensuring JV agreements include language which
provides for receipt by Marriott of necessary financial
- Other duties as assigned.Skill Requirements
- Solid knowledge of U.S. generally accepted accounting
principles. Experience with principles related to accounting for
equity and cost method JV investments a strong plus.
- Experience with accounting in a multi-currency environment
under multiple bases of accounting.
- Able to develop and maintain effective client relationships and
promote a client service orientation that delivers customer
- Able to manage multiple time sensitive assignments
simultaneously and work both collaboratively and independently
while meeting required goals and deadlines.
- Adept at documenting and improving processes, ensuring
compliance with existing processes, and producing quality
- Able to multi-task; comfortable with complexity, ambiguity,
change, and process improvement.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both
written and oral. Ability to articulate issues to a variety of
individuals at multiple levels within the organization.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and under
pressure. Comfort with challenging the status quo to improve
- Self-motivated and creative thinker.Specific Candidate Profile
- Four or more years of progressive accounting experience,
significant international accounting exposure a plus.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft office applications, with
strong focus on spreadsheet applications.
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility and
- Positive attitude, flexible and a high level of enthusiasm and
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including the
ability to develop alternative and creative solutions.
- Experience with PeopleSoft, nVision and Hyperion Financial
Systems a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.Educational Requirements
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- CPA, MBA or advanced degree in Accounting or Finance
preferred.California Applicants Only: The salary range for this
position is $70,838.00 to $151,428.00 annually.Colorado Applicants
Only: The salary range for this position is $70,838.00 to
$137,661.00 annually.New York City & Westchester County, NY
Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $85,714.00
to $151,428.00 annually.Washington Applicants Only: The salary
range for this position is $70,838.00 to $151,428.00 annually. In
addition to the annual salary, the position will be eligible to
receive an annual bonus. Employees will accrue 0.4616 PTO balance
for every hour worked and eligible to receive minimum of 7 holidays
annually.All locations offer coverage for medical, dental, vision,
health care flexible spending account, dependent care flexible
spending account, life insurance, disability insurance, accident
insurance, adoption expense reimbursements, paid parental leave,
educational assistance, 401(k) plan, stock purchase plan, discounts
at Marriott properties, commuter benefits, employee assistance
plan, and childcare discounts. Benefits are subject to terms and
conditions, which may include rules regarding eligibility,
enrollment, waiting period, contribution, benefit limits, election
changes, benefit exclusions, and others.Marriott International is
an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse
workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are
committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as
disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under
applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with
applicable federal, state and local law.Marriott International is
the worlds largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and
more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a
great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask,
where will your journey take you?
Keywords: Marriott, Austin , Assistant Manager, Joint Venture Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!