Emerging Companies and Venture Capital
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Job opportunity- Emerging Companies and Venture Capital Senior
Associate AND Partner position(s) available
This Jobot Job is hosted by Hayley Christina
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and
sending us your resume.
Salary $185,000 - $300,000 per year
A Bit About Us
Mid-sized law firm seeking an Emerging Companies & Venture Capital
Sr. Associate / Partner to join its Corporate Practice. The ideal
candidate will have significant experience working with early stage
and growth stage companies, founders and venture capital firms and
the ability to act as lead attorney on a range of VC/EC
Please note that this role allows a flexible work schedule with a
hybrid remote and in-office presence. This role may also be
Why join us?
- Competitive compensation, benefits package, and a generous 401k
- Health care, life and disability insurance
- Ample opportunity for business development
- Low turnover, collegial, and collaborative environment
- Employee discounts and wellness programs
- Hybrid in-office/remote role based
- Base compensation + bonus potential
In additional, the ideal candidate will have
- Strong experience with M&A transactions in the technology
and venture capital spaces.
- Familiarity with convertible debt, preferred equity issuances,
and related financing tools.
- Fund formation experience, including experience structuring
funds, management entities, and carried interest holding
- Familiarity with regulatory matters facing funds and issuers,
including the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, The Securities Act
of 1933, Reg D safe-harbors, and state blue sky law
- Familiarity and experience with the forms published by the
National Venture Capital Association.
- Understanding of the issues facing clients whose primary asset
is intellectual property, including IP ownership, IP development,
licensing agreements, tax matters, employee matters, and similar
- Experience with the ESG, clean-technology, blockchain, Web 3,
and cryptocurrency spaces is a plus.
Candidates can look forward to a practice that will include
handling all aspects of complex transactions for clients of all
sizes and across industries. This attorney will gain direct client
interaction, business development experience, and significant
responsibility on complex and sophisticated legal matters.
- Experience drafting transaction agreements and documents,
negotiating deal terms, managing transaction closings and
processes, and providing thorough factual and legal research and
- Lead, negotiate, manage and close complex transactions.
- Candidates must be currently licensed in Illinois or licensed
in another state with a UBE score that qualifies in Illinois for
comity, be eligible to waive in, or be willing to sit for an
upcoming IL bar exam (open to relocation candidates that meet these
About Our Corporate Practice
Our Corporate Practice provides clients with sophisticated legal
and business advice in areas ranging from business formation
through business succession or the sale of a company. We counsel
institutions and executive teams, funds, prominent family business
owners, entrepreneurs and other wealthy individuals on a variety of
sophisticated and complex domestic and foreign transactions and
business law issues including
- Legal entity formation, reorganization and governance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Private equity, venture capital, and debt/financing
- Operating agreements
- Licensing agreements
- Executive, employment, and compensation arrangements
Representing funds, investors in funds, family offices and other
dynamic businesses, our team has extensive experience in
negotiating and documenting their investment in private companies,
including early stage, growth stage, later stage,
recapitalizations, workouts and management buyouts. Our experience
includes representing these clients as lead investors, as well as
in structuring and executing platform, add-on and other acquisition
and sale transactions. We also represent a large number of funds,
founders and management teams in connection with venture capital
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply"
Keywords: Jobot, Austin , Emerging Companies and Venture Capital, Accounting, Auditing , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!