Company: Simmons Bank
Posted on: August 6, 2022
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what
they're doing!We're committed to bringing passion and customer
focus to the business.The Market President is responsible for all
lending activities of the market, along with cross selling the
bank's other business lines. Provides senior management for the
commercial lending function managing large, complex commercial
relationships that meet established lending requirements in order
to provide maximum profits to the bank with a minimum of risk. Key
measurements of success are the market's revenue and profitability
growth while maintaining excellent asset quality and cross selling
the bank's other lines of business. Leadership responsibility
includes handling all employment issues and supervising the
operations of markets by leading the team of Market Executives.
Also, may assist with the planning, implementation and control of
the banks organizational and/or fiscal objectives. Directs
immediate and long range planning based on continual evaluation of
results. This position typically resides in markets of MSA's
greater than 500,000. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises all lending activities of the market under the
direction of the EVP Division President.
- Serves as or oversees the senior commercial banking manager and
commercial and business bankers, managing a portfolio of
significant commercial relationships focused in credit and cash
- Oversees metro market business development plan with strategic
focus on large, more complex commercial client activity through
relational selling as a trusted advisor role to assist them in
recognizing opportunities and risks while helping them accomplish
their goals through their use of Bank's products and services.
- Reviews and approves commercial credit packages exceeding
individual officer lending authorities and works with executive
management and credit function for final approval on larger
- Ensures that commercial credit packages prepared by Market
Executives and Banking officers meet Simmons Bank standards for
accuracy, content, and quality of presentation, and provide all
information needed for prudent credit decision.
- Ensures that lending officers comply with Simmons Bank credit
policy and prudent lending practices.
- Prepares and conducts annual evaluations of lending associates,
and impose disciplinary action when warranted.
- Will present recommendations to loan committee and exhibits a
deep understanding of the large complex commercial credits
- Ensure that subordinate officers are reviewing and analyzing
complex financial information to determine a borrower's
- Interaction with retail banking and sales management functions
of the market, including operation of the metro market branch
- Assists in ensuring that branches are operated in accordance
with bank policy and procedures and prudent banking practices.
- Reviews and approves job postings and prospective job
applicants for employment in the branches.
- Coordinates compliance activities and preparation of budget for
- Become active in the market through membership in business
organizations, community events and/or non-profit organizations
where one can be in a position to advance the reputation of the
- Ability to set and meet challenging individual and market goals
without direct supervision in a positive team oriented environment
to ensure Bank wide goals are met.
- Assists the EVP Division President in the development and
implementation of the bank policies and procedures and special
- Ensures all departmental documents and activities are performed
in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and
procedures as applicable to this position, including completion of
required compliance training.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as
assigned.QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure
manuals, general business correspondence and/or journals or
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial report and/or
- Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations, to customers, clients and other employees
in the organization
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the
- Ability to effectively present information to top management,
public groups and/or boards of directorsEducation and/or Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in business, finance, related field, or
relevant job experience is required.
- Six to eight years in lending and/or credit and management
- Advanced sales skills required.
- Experience in the local market required for better
understanding of the lending environment and potential customer
- MS Office programsCertificates, Licenses, Registrations
- NMLS numberOther Qualifications (including physical
- Analytical - ability to collect data and use experience and
skill set to make credit decisions
- Oral - Possesses the ability to speak clearly and persuasively
in all situations. Responds clearly to questions and demonstrates
- Written - Written material is informative, edits work for
spelling and grammar
- Teamwork - Balances individual responsibilities and team goals.
Contributes to building a positive team environment and provides
support for others when needed.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence and motives other team
members.OtherPlease note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Activities, duties and responsibilities may change at any time with
or without notice.Skills Training:
- Executive education training and events
- Continuing Professional EducationEqual Employment Opportunity
Information: Simmons First National Corporation and its
subsidiaries are committed to a policy of equal employment with
respect to a person's race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, covered veterans,
military status, physical or mental disability or any other legally
protected classifications. Simmons First National Corporation and
its subsidiaries are committed to Affirmative Action Programs
consisting of results-oriented procedures to ensure equal
employment opportunities. These programs require positive action in
lieu of neutral non-discrimination and merit hiring/performance
policies.Since 1903, we've been putting people first by making a
commitment to you. Simmons Bank is the subsidiary bank for Simmons
First National Corporation (NASDAQ: SFNC), a publicly traded bank
holding company headquartered in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. Founded as a
community bank, Simmons Bank has grown steadily to its current size
of $24.7 billion in assets (as of December 31, 2021), with more
than 3,250 associates located in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri,
Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas. Our growth has led to some amazing
career opportunities, while our dynamic culture has been recognized
by publications across our footprint. Parallel to our growth,
Simmons Bank's community roots run deep - these are felt in the
ways we seek to go the extra mile for our customers and communities
through exceptional service and volunteerism, and in the strong
career growth opportunities and wellness programs we offer
associates. Our team is characterized by collaboration, integrity
and passion for all we do, high performance, and a commitment to
personal and professional growth. If these cornerstones of company
culture appeal to you, let's talk! There's never been a better time
to join our team.
Keywords: Simmons Bank, Austin , Market President, Accounting, Auditing , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!