Investment operations analyst / associate - cash
Company: Teacher Retirement System of Texas
Posted on: June 25, 2022
WHO WE ARE With the Investment Management Division (IMD) you
will be joining a diverse group of achievers who celebrate the
unique value individuals bring to support our shared cause: earning
trust and contributing to the financial future of 1.8 million
public education employees and retirees throughout Texas.
Navigating the current market environment takes innovation and were
passionate about stewarding the right investments to make an impact
both in the lives of our members and all Texans. We invite you to
partner with the best financial minds in the business to manage a
global portfolio of over $190 billion in public and private
investments. Our success starts with you. The Investment Operations
Senior Analyst or Associate - Cash performs highly advanced
(senior-level) investment-related financial analysis work. Work
involves analyzing and reconciling investment data, especially as
it relates to cash, and preparing related reports. Works under
minimal supervision with extensive for initiative and independent
judgment. This position reports to the Cash & Securities Manager.
Compensation: The TRS Investment Management Division offers an
attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, annual
performance incentive bonus, a defined-benefit pension plan as well
as 401(k) and 457 retirement plans, and comprehensive benefits.
Starting salary is commensurate with experience. WHAT YOU WILL DO
Analysis and Reconciliation
- Coordinates, monitors, verifies, and reports cash and equity
valuations and performance information.
- Coordinates and researches the causes of and reconciles holding
discrepancies on a daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis with
internal and external investment managers, accounting, custodian,
and investment systems.
- Verifies actual investment valuations and performance when
adjusted for discrepancies.
- Coordinates and performs cash reconciliation across the trust
and investigates discrepancies.
- Reviews daily liquidity reports for the trust.
- Coordinates and prepares cash forecasts and analyzes cash and
- Reviews and performs management and performance fee
reconciliations and works with external managers for resolution of
- Reviews, records, checks and verifies capital calls and
distributions across the Trust.
- Processes fundings and management/performance fees in a
workflow and ensures that all submissions are approved and funded
in a timely manner. Reporting
- Coordinates and compiles data and prepares detailed periodic
and ad hoc reports on data reconciliation, portfolio valuation and
other investment information using report writing, database,
spreadsheet and other software, for use by agency management,
Investment's staff, the legislature and vendors, and to provide
information requested under the Open Records Act.
- Monitors transaction communications and takes appropriate
corrective action to ensure accurate data flow between parties,
including TRS, Custodian Bank and Futures Commission
- Leads and participates on various investment operations related
projects to improve system integration between Trading
applications, Custodian Bank, portfolio analytics software and
other third-party software.
- Reviews and prepares directional for new fund/account openings
and collaborates with the portfolio manager and cash custodian to
ensure accuracy of account set-up.
- Maintains and checks wiring instructions to ensure accurate
information in legal documents.
- Prepares and updates key operating procedures for related
processes. Performs related work as assigned WHAT YOU WILL BRING
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS Required Education:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in
accounting, finance, economics, or business or a related
- A graduate degree in business administration, finance,
accounting or a related field may substitute for one year of the
required experience. Required Experience:
- Four (4) to Six (6) years of full-time accounting, financial
analysis, or related experience requiring compilation,
reconciliation and/or analysis of detailed financial
- Experience with cash forecasting and accounting work
(Experience may be concurrent). Required Registration,
Certification, or Licensure:
- None. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters degree in business administration, finance, accounting,
or a closely related field.
- Experience with Bloomberg, Excel, and other investment trading
and portfolio management tools.
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) in good standing. KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS AND ABILITIES Knowledge of:
- Investment concepts, terminology, styles, models, strategies,
and fundamental and quantitative investment factors. Skill in:
- Performing complex financial analysis.
- Verifying and auditing financial data.
- Using a computer in a Windows environment with MS Office word
processing, spreadsheet (including advanced Excel functions and
macros), and database systems; report writing; and other business
- Conducting data searches and evaluations of large amounts of
information, performing complex statistical analysis of the data,
and preparing concise and accurate reports.
- Communicating complex technical information, verbally and in
writing, including presenting analysis.
- Organizing and coordinating work assignments to effectively
meet frequent and/or multiple deadlines, in handling multiple tasks
simultaneously, and in managing conflicting priorities and demands.
- Establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with
co-workers, agency staff, and external contacts.
- Work effectively in a professional team environment. Military
Occupational Specialty (MOS) Codes: Veterans, Reservists or
Guardsmen with experience in the Military Occupational Specialty (
) along with the minimum qualifications listed above may meet the
minimum requirements and are highly encouraged to apply. Please
contact Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
or for additional information. To view all job vacancies, visit
www.trs.texas.gov/careers or www.trs.csod.com/careersite. For more
information, visit www.trs.texas.gov.
Keywords: Teacher Retirement System of Texas, Austin , Investment operations analyst / associate - cash, Accounting, Auditing , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!