Credits and Incentives Tax Senior - Multistate
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Are you a strategic and creative Credits and Incentives Tax
professional who likes solving complex state and local C&I tax
issues? Are you ready to make a greater impact on organizations by
combining tax consulting solutions and innovative technology that
align the tax function with business objectives?
We are looking for a sharp Senior Tax Consultant to join our
C&I team who is ready to take on new challenges and join one of
the largest multistate tax practices in the United States.
What you'll do
We are currently seeking a Multistate Senior Tax Consultant to join
our Credits & Incentives (C&I) group with a focus on statutory
credits and negotiated incentives. Companies are looking to make
strategic decisions on where to invest after tax reform, and the
U.S. may be a high priority. Investments may be in the form of
updates and/or replacement of equipment, modernization of
facilities, consolidations, expansion or new facilities, all of
which may benefit C&I - services.
- Credits & Incentives professionals work on identifying,
qualifying, and calculating tax credits and other incentives.
- Advising clients with respect to location strategy decisions,
as well as credits & incentives related to hiring and/or
- Communicating with project stakeholders, including internal
parties and economic development representatives.
Deloitte's Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is the largest State
and Local Tax (SALT) practice in the United States with more than
1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax professionals
include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry
personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and
technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax
experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with
the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our
specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect
tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use
tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax
review, and state tax controversy.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related
- 2+ years of Multistate experience with a focus on credits and
- Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and
the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- One of the following accreditations obtained, in process, or
willing able to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to
sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- CEcD (Certified Economic Developer)
- CREA (Certified Real Estate Appraiser)
- CCIP (Certified Credits & Incentives Professional)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax or JD and/or LLM.
- Public accounting experience is preferred, within the Big 4, or
an equivalent in law firms or industry.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
Keywords: Deloitte, Austin , Credits and Incentives Tax Senior - Multistate, Accounting, Auditing , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!