OPERATOR II / COLLECTION SYSTEM CREWMAN
Company: GUADALUPE-BLANCO RIVER AUTHORITY
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Description:FLSA STATUS: Non-ExemptREPORTS TO: Hays Wastewater
Manager, Hays/Caldwell OperationsDIVISION: Operations WORK
LOCATION: Buda, TexasSUMMARYThe System Operator is responsible for
the daily operation and maintenance of the Buda Wastewater
Treatment Plant, Shadow Creek Wastewater Plant and collection
system, and SunfieldWastewater Plant and collection system. The
System Operator is also is responsible for performing emergency or
scheduled maintenance, cleaning, inspections and CCTV video of
collection mains and associated lift stations owned or operated by
GBRA in Hays County.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep a working knowledge of the Authority's mission and
policies as they relate to the Buda WWTP, Shadow Creek WRS, and
Sunfield WRS divisions.
- Meeting the permit requirements as established by the
Environmental Protection Agency and the Texas Commission on
Environmental Quality (TCEQ).
- Under the direction of the Hays Wastewater Manager:o Operate
pump stations and wastewater treatment plants.o Collect samples and
perform routine process control tests.o Completing in an accurate,
legible manner all operational logs, laboratory and process control
worksheets.o Monitor the SCADA system to identify problems and
check status; report any problems to the Chief Operator.o Assist in
emergency repairs and operations.o Perform maintenance and general
repair work to pumping equipment, storage facilities, rolling stock
(including heavy equipment), and small tools and equipment.o
Perform preventative maintenance, cleaning, video inspection and
assist with repairs as needed for collection systems, lift
stations, and right-of-ways.o Perform building and grounds
maintenance at all locations.o Maintain an inventory of all tools
and equipment.o Assist with the maintenance records and asset
management inventory of the various facilities.o Safeguard all
facilities and property.o Perform any rough fabrication, painting,
general carpentry, and other repair work as needed.
- Perform on-call duty on a rotating roster as assigned by the
Hays Wastewater Manager.
- During times of unsettled weather, be available to perform
emergency duties as assigned by the Hays Wastewater Manager or
upper level manager.
- Perform locates of underground infrastructure as requested.
Attend pertinent training classes as required.
- Serve as a leader when working with contract laborers.
- Report any problems and activities to the Hays Wastewater
- Follow all requirements of the GBRA Safety Manual.o Perform all
work in a safe and thoughtful manner.o Notify a supervisor
immediately in event of an accident.
- Perform other tasks as assigned..
- Work hours other than Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
- Respond to emergencies and call outs during off-duty
- Ability to drive and operate hydro-jet, vacuum truck, UTV,
camera system vehicle and other highway rated vehicles such as
pickups and dump trucks.
- Operate gasoline, electric, hydraulic, pneumatic, and hand
tools with both hands.
- Work in a team environment adhering to GBRA Mission and Vision
- Read and understand highly technical information in small print
(such as Safety Data Sheets and wastewater discharge permits).
- Perform basic math skills.
- Possess basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel
- Maintain permanent residence so that travel time to the
Sunfield Wastewater Treatment Plant (1431 Satterwhite Rd, Buda, TX
78610) is no more than 45 minutes without violating traffic
laws.EDUCATION/ LICENSESEducation:High School Diploma or
GEDRegistrations and Licenses:
- Ability to remain insurable under GBRA's vehicle liability
- Occupational licenses as issued by the State of Texas:o Class D
Wastewater or Collection I operator license.o Class C Wastewater
operator license within 24 months of
employment.EXPERIENCEExperience in wastewater treatment or
collections system maintenance preferred.MANAGERIAL
RESPONSIBILITIESNo.PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Work may
be in extreme heat or cold temperatures and at times in streets or
public ROW. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Work will often be assigned in a team of two but may
require work alone at times.Work at elevated levels greater than 25
feet on platforms, roofs, bridges, etc. Climb vertical ladders up
to 20 feet in height. Repeatedly lift, load, and unload up to 50
pounds. Respond to visual and audible alarms. Wear personal
protection equipment such as safety glasses, protective footwear,
self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) as outlined in the
employee Safety Manual. Safely enter, exit, and work in trenches
and confined spaces. Perform basic first aid and CPR. Employees
must wear protective footwear in compliance with ANSI or ASTM
standard. Replacement footwear is provided annually for qualifying
employees.WORK ENVIRONMENTApproximately 75 to 90 percent of work
outdoors. Works with municipal wastewater and bio solids. May be
exposed to hazardous chemicals and possible disease-causing
bacteria. The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.TRAVELPersonal transportation is required to
normal work site at which point employee will use vehicles provided
by GBRA to perform duties. Overnight travel mainly limited to
meetings and training.
Keywords: GUADALUPE-BLANCO RIVER AUTHORITY, Austin , OPERATOR II / COLLECTION SYSTEM CREWMAN, Accounting, Auditing , Buda, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!