Payroll & Benefits Manager
Posted on: November 22, 2021
About Homeward Buying a home should be an exciting milestone.
But all too often, its stressful, especially in a competitive
market or when youre buying and selling at the same time. So were
redesigning the homebuying experience. Were a fast-paced real
estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with
cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners clients with our cash,
then the client buys the home back from us. Founder and CEO Tim
Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the
fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in
2018. In fact, he bought our first customers home with his own life
savings. Today we offer two services Buy with cash and Buy before
you sell in Texas, Colorado, and Georgia. Weve raised more than
$160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including
Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street,
Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the
real estate, mortgage, and technology industries. About the
opportunity We are looking for an experienced Payroll & Benefits
Manager to support multi-state payroll and benefits operations for
Homeward. The ideal candidate for this position is experienced
working with People Operations and Finance team members with strong
quantitative and strategic thinking skills, and a proven ability to
navigate complex issues and obtain results. This role is not
eligible to be performed from Colorado. This position is not
eligible for visa sponsorship. In this role you will:
- Develop an on-boarding process regarding payroll and benefits
for new employees.
- Oversee the entire payroll and benefits process of the
organization, including implementation of HRIS nationally and
- Track and report key metrics designed to measure Payroll &
Benefits performance, will revise and improve payroll & benefits
processes, procedures and practices to facilitate greater
efficiency and employee experience
- Process and review national and international payroll for
exempt and non exempt employees, ensuring the timely and accurate
processing of payroll
- Ensure compliance with ACA, HIPAA, FMLA, PDL, CFRA, ADA, ERISA,
IRS, DOL, COBRA.
- Enhance this function of the business by maintaining strong
- Manage and improve all aspects of benefits (ACA Reporting,
family leave, on boarding, terminations, health insurance,
- Assists with labor law compliance, employee payroll, time
tracking and benefits education. What youll bring:
- 5-7 years of experience in the payroll and benefits space with
3+ years payroll management experience.
- Experience working with more than one enterprise level
- Deep experience partnering directly with key stakeholders to
guide strategic decision-making in a highly ambiguous and
ever-changing environment in regards to payroll and benefits.
- Ownership of the Open Enrollment process from start to
- Experience in fast-paced environments.
- Federal and State tax laws knowledge.
- Knowledge of payroll processes: garnishments, benefit
deductions, taxes, FMLA experience, Work Comp experience, LOA
- Knowledge of multi-state laws.
- Experience processing payroll and benefits for both exempt and
non exempt employees.
- Prior experience managing, working with, and engaging
with/selecting vendors and negotiating benefit renewal.
- Experience assisting with labor law compliance is a plus.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and security of
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail. Our Values THE GOLDEN RULE Whether were
dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule,
treating others the way we want to be treated. Its a simple rule,
but its also significant: we dont prioritize money or growth over
people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity. CALM FOCUS We
work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are
fast-paced and stressful industries. So its important that we focus
on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the
next. If something is out of scope, we say No. If something feels
rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create
solutions our customers love. ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM Big problems
require big solutions. We look at our customers experience
holistically, and recognize that solving them requires
collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation
among our three affiliate companies Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and
Homeward Title and produces a more integrated homebuying
Keywords: Homeward, Austin , Payroll & Benefits Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!