Senior Accountant - Indirect Tax
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Senior Accountant - Indirect Tax in Austin, Texas - Careers at
Austin, TX [Tax] - 902000 Senior Accountant - Indirect Tax in
Austin, Texas - Careers at Austin, TX [Tax] - 902000 Please Enable
Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate?
Log back in! Senior Accountant - Indirect Tax Job ID 2021-18907 #
Positions 1 Job Location US-TX-Austin Telecommute Location-Specific
Position FT/PT Full-Time Category Finance - Accounting Why Us? With
a mantra of Empowering Human Potential, Hanger, Inc. is the world's
premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic (O&P) services and
products, offering the most advanced O&P solutions, clinically
differentiated programs and unsurpassed customer service. Hanger's
Patient Care segment is the largest owner and operator of O&P
patient care clinics nationwide. Through its Products & Services
segment, Hanger distributes branded and private label O&P
devices, products and components, and provides rehabilitative
solutions to the broader market. With nearly 160 years of clinical
excellence and innovation, Hanger's vision is to lead the orthotic
and prosthetic markets by providing superior patient care,
outcomes, services and value. Collectively, Hanger employees touch
thousands of lives each day, helping people achieve new levels of
mobility and freedom. Could This Be For You? This position performs
a variety of complicated and often non-routine tax accounting work
in sales and use tax, personal property tax, and abandoned and
unclaimed property. Employs routine processes and procedures
related to work, but is often called upon to respond to non-routine
situations. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and
accomplish goals. Works with general supervision. Your Impact
- Manage full cycle sales and use tax compliance reporting using
Vertex return solution. Timely and competent completion of all
assigned tax compliance deliverables including strong documentation
skills to comply with state and local government documentation and
- Review and finalize monthly sales tax computations.
- Review monthly tax account reconciliations and journal
- Review and support overall escheatment compliance process
- Research, suggest, and where appropriate work with other
departments and outside tax vendors in the implementation of
strategic tax plans.
- Keep abreast of tax laws and changes as they relate to the
- Assist with maintaining and updating tax department processes
in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley Sec. 404 documentation
- Assist V.P. of Tax (corporate tax leader) with various special
- Prepare account reconciliations of various tax related general
ledger accounts Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- 5 years of indirect tax experience with a public accounting
firm or in the tax department of a publicly traded company.
- Big 4 experience preferred.
- CPA or CMI candidate a plus. Additional Success Factors
- Experience in indirect tax compliance, particularly in
preparing sales & use return filings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Working knowledge in using RIA research tool.
- Must be comfortable with GL accounting, able to propose journal
entries, and able to reconcile tax accounts as needed.
- Must be knowledgeable with Vertex Indirect Tax Return
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to learn and implement
knowledge in work assignments and tasks.
- Must be well organized with strong work ethic and excellent
communication and analytical skills.
- Should be team oriented, energetic, and enthusiastic.
- The nature of tax compliance requires a deadline conscientious
mindset that can manage fluctuations in workload according to the
tax due date calendar.--
- Act with integrity in all ways and at all times, remaining
honest, transparent, and respectful in all relationships.
- Keep the patient at the center of everything that you do,
building lifelong trust.
- Foster open collaboration and constructive dialogue with
everyone around you.
- Continuously innovate new solutions, influencing and responding
- Focus on superior outcomes, and calibrate work processes for
outstanding results. Our Investment in You Employees working at
least 20 hours per week are eligible for the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Paid Holidays per Year
- Paid Vacation Time Off
- Paid Sick Time Off
- 8 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Floating Holiday
- Life Insurance
- Medical Flex Spend Account
- Dependent Care Flex Spend Account
- Free employee assistance program
- Full-time employees are also eligible for short-term and
long-term disability insurance Options Apply for this job online
Apply Share Share this job with a friend Refer Sorry the Share
function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the
page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Share
IMPORTANT: There is a chance our confirmation email as well as
subsequent email correspondence sent to you by one of our
recruiters will be discarded by your spam filter. Once applying for
a position, please check your inbox for our auto-acknowledgment
email. If you don't see the email, look in your junk-mail folder.
If you find it there, please mark the email as Not Junk and add to
your address book. Please continue to monitor your inbox and
junk/SPAM folder while you remain under consideration for a
position. Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Austin , Senior Accountant - Indirect Tax, Accounting, Auditing , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!