Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.JOB DESCRIPTION:Our
location in Austin, TX, currently has an opportunity for a
- This position provides direct oversight for complex elements of
Abbott's compliance program at the divisional level.--
- Responsible for directing the development and administration of
OEC education and training, and development and implementation of
divisional monitoring plan.
- Identifying compliance risk areas and communicates such risk
areas to division management along with action plans to address
risk.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- The Director performs the following with minimal supervision
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to all levels of key
divisional business functions on complex ethics and compliance
issues, including policy interpretation and requirement, compliance
risk assessment, trend analysis and best practice recommendations.
Resolves complex ethics and compliance matters that have
significant impact to Abbott.
- Directs and conducts periodic reviews and updates related to
complex OEC policy and divisional/affiliate procedures ensuring
clarity, applicability and compliance to OEC policy and external
requirements with minimal supervision from ECO.
- Develops, updates, implements, and delivers OEC's comprehensive
training program on complex OEC and divisional/affiliate policies
- Provides oversight to corporate and/or divisional monitoring
process to ensure compliance with OEC/affiliate policies and
procedures. Reviews industry trends and internal results, and
recommends corrective actions.
- Partners with ECO and business on compliance audits, oversees
the fulfillment of auditors' requests, acts as liaison between
business and auditors during on site activities, evaluates and
responds to all complex preliminary findings and recommendations,
guides the business in preparing corrective action to address
complex and highly complex findings and recommendations.
- Oversees all Compliance Review Committees at the divisional or
affiliate level and provides input on violation process. Reviews
internal trends and implement corrective actions.
- Provides leadership and guidance on proposed commercial
programs, identifies complex legal and regulatory issues, analyzes
alternatives and works with legal, as appropriate, to propose
solutions to the business.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of Abbott's businesses supported
and knowledge of the broader business impact.
- Leads cross-functional teams on complex issues or projects.
- May have direct reports with people management responsibility,
with a focus on mentoring, coaching, and developing direct reports
- May play a key role in selecting, recruiting and developing
team members.POSITION ACCOUNTABILITY/SCOPE:
- Accountable to ECO and senior divisional management.
- Assigned matters/business units have significant impact to
Abbott's compliance program.
- Provides guidance and direction to Coordinators, Compliance
Analysts, Compliance Managers as needed.
- Operates with autonomy and limited supervision.
- Provides guidance and direction to Coordinators, Compliance
Analysts, Compliance Managers as needed.MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- BA/BS Required. CPA, Masters, JD, or equivalent work experience
strongly preferred.MINIMUM EXPERIENCE/TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 8 years' experience with, or exposure to, business
functions such as compliance, legal, regulatory affairs, government
affairs, and finance.WHAT WE OFFER----At Abbott, you can have a
good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:--
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs--
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match--
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communities--Learn more about our benefits that add real value to
your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com Follow
your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a
company that provides the growth and strength to build your future.
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee
diversity.--Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
@AbbottGlobal.--JOB FAMILY:Operations & Business
SupportDIVISION:OEC Office of Ethics and ComplianceLOCATION:United
States > Texas > Austin : 6300 Bee Cave Rd Building 2, suite
100ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:StandardTRAVEL:Not
specifiedMEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not ApplicableSIGNIFICANT WORK
ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2
consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal
to 50% of the workday)Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected
Veterans.EEO is the Law link - English:
http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf EEO is
the Law link - Espanol:
2 Days Ago Full time 30978725 About Us Abbott-- is about the power
of health. For more than 125 years,-- Abbott-- has been helping
people reach their potential - because better health allows people
and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network
serving customers in more than 160 countries, we create new
solutions - across the spectrum of health, around the world, for
all stages of life. Whether it's next-generation diagnostics,
life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel
reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and
revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their
best lives through better health. The people of-- Abbott-- come to
work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to
enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push
the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life's greatest
health challenges. We invite you to explore opportunities at--
Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with
our openings. An equal opportunity employer,-- Abbott-- welcomes
and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Austin , Director, Compliance, Accounting, Auditing , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!