Senior Data Scientist - Located in Austin, TX
Company: Whole Foods Market
Posted on: February 22, 2021
The Data Science Team is a center of excellence that provides
data-driven solutions through advanced analytics techniques to a
broad spectrum of Whole Foods? operations and functions. The
successful candidate will be someone who is never satisfied with
doing things ?the way they have always been done?, lays awake at
night thinking of ways to twist data to gain new insights and very
importantly can write the code to execute that vision. The hands-on
nature of this role requires the successful candidate to
effectively balance his/her own contributions to team deliverables
with their need to mentor the rest of the team.Key
- Develop, and implement data-driven applications and advanced
analytical solutions that leverage predictive analytics, data
mining techniques, machine learning, open source tools,
orchestration tools, Python, R, Spark etc.
- Understanding of data science analytical tools (eg Hadoop,
Spark, AWS, Azure, Jupyter Notebooks, Alteryx, etc.)
- Provide thought leadership and training on advanced analytic
tools, systems, techniques and methodology - own the methodology
used to support analytics within WFM.
- Translate complex analytical results into clear, concise and
actionable insights to all levels within the organization.
- Collaborate with Merchandising Operations, Finance, Accounting,
Marketing, HR, Tech (IT), Real Estate (site development) and
Investor Relations on strategic use of data and analytics. Help
fill gaps by solving analytical problems.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of WFM processes to
effectively understand and analyze internal and external data.
- Drive the adoption of appropriate methodology and techniques to
support analytics within WFM.
- Keep up-to-date with latest developments in Data Science which
encompasses Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science,
or related quantitative field and 6+ year's relevant experience, or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to take complex business analyses and projects
from concept to completion and make the results accessible and
relevant to business users at all levels.
- Self-directed, innovative thinker with a strong attention to
detail and commitment to consistently meeting timelines and
operating from a sense of urgency.
- Strong understanding of mathematical and statistical concepts.
Experience with utilizing advanced mathematical, statistical and
data mining techniques to collect data, analyze and construct
solutions for complex business problems.
- Hands-on experience analyzing large, complex data sets using R,
Spark, Hadoop, Jupyter Notebooks, AWS, Python, Java, Scala or any
other advanced analytical packages/tools/languages
- Comfortable with uncertainty: projects and assignments will
change rapidly so must be flexible enough to accommodate changing
priorities and timelines.
- Excellent organization and time management skills. Ability to
multi-task as well as communicate and reset priorities amidst
incoming ad hoc requests with short deadlines.
- Positive attitude, ability to work well under pressure and
provide exceptional customer service.
- Comfortable in a decentralized structure where results are
based on cooperation with and influence of others.
- Ability to work with partners who have a range of analytical
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions in one-on-one and large group situations involving senior
leadership and other teams in the organization.
- Highly skilled at communication (written, verbal and
listening), relationship building, influence/negotiation and team
- Work effectively with others on a team
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality. At Whole Foods Market, we
provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team
Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other
legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and
promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the
position to be filled and business needs.
Keywords: Whole Foods Market, Austin , Senior Data Scientist - Located in Austin, TX, Accounting, Auditing , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!