Company: Texas Education Agency
Posted on: January 15, 2021
MISSION: -The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will improve outcomes
for all public-school students in the state by providing
leadership, guidance, and support to school systems.
POSITION OVERVIEW: -As part of the Office of Governance and
Accountability, the Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is a
department within the Division of Governance: Compliance and
Investigations. This team is made up of high-performing individuals
committed to improving outcomes for Texas students. -The position
entails advanced regulatory investigative work related to alleged
violations and noncompliance with laws and regulations pertaining
to the Texas educational system, including the Texas Administrative
Code and Texas Education Code. -This position involves planning,
organizing, and conducting regulatory complaint reviews and
investigations of various categories: curriculum, administrative,
governance, finance, and other statutory compliance. -This position
will work closely with school district personnel, Education Service
Centers, local school boards, and central office administrators
including but not limited to school superintendents, board members,
cabinet members, and others as necessary to conduct
Please note that a resume and tailored cover letter are required
attachments for applying to this position. Incomplete applications
will not be considered.
Additionally, please be sure to respond to the short answer prompts
found in the supplemental questions. These responses should be
added in a separate Word or PDF document in the attachments section
of the application.
Applicants who are strongly being considered for employment must
submit to a national criminal history background check. -
- Investigations: -Review allegations and conduct investigations
of alleged violations of law, rules, and regulations to determine
compliance with Texas codes, standards, and laws.
- Data Analysis: -Collect and analyze evidence and data through
in-person and video conference interviews, audits, and inspections.
- Investigative Reports: -Evaluate and summarize investigative
findings, determine the cause(s) of violation, and propose
- Investigation Evaluation: -Review investigative techniques,
policies, and regulations; and recommends improvements, changes, or
modifications to compliance monitoring reports and refers follow-up
actions in cases in which violations were found.
- Process Improvement: -Work closely with colleagues and the unit
director to develop or refine policies and procedures that support
the SIU division's overall investigation strategy, including
partnering with other agency investigative divisions to develop,
codify and share techniques, relevant resources, and best
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: -Education: -Graduation from an accredited
four-year college or university.
Experience: -At least four (4) years of field experience in
education as school administrator or central office personnel in
finance, curriculum, or operations; -or -as a Certified Public
Accountant or Auditor.
Substitutions: -Education and experience may substitute for one
another on a year-for-year basis. -OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: -
- Current Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
- High degree of proficiency in generally accepted auditing
standards and procedures, financial compliance and analysis,
grants/contract funding, program monitoring and interventions,
government accounting. -
- Experience in working with local, state, and federal laws and
regulations, Texas Education Code, and Texas Administrative
- Extensive knowledge of regulatory investigative principles and
- Highly effective and efficient use of technology and Office
applications, specifically MS Word and Excel.
- Expertise in preparing documents and reports utilizing
technical writing techniques.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple and competing
projects or priorities simultaneously. -
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to take appropriate
actions in difficult situations.
- Ability to break down complex information into comprehensive
parts, ask questions, and synthesize and analyze.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively engage in a collaborative, results -
oriented team environment.
- Desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback, and continuously
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to
race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or
veteran status, unless an applicant is entitled to the veteran's
Additional Military Crosswalk (occupational specialty code)
information can be accessed -.
This position requires the applicant to meet Agency standards and
criteria which may include passing a pre-employment criminal
background check, prior to being offered employment by the
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the high volume of
applications, we do not accept telephone calls and cannot reply to
all email inquiries. Only candidates selected for interview will be
Keywords: Texas Education Agency, Austin , Investigator VI, Accounting, Auditing , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!