Manager, Remote Accounting Services (Virtual, PART-TIME) - Austin, Texas
Company: Supporting Strategies
Posted on: February 16, 2020
OverviewAre you an experienced accounting manager looking for a
rewarding team leadership role but are tired of the 60+ hour work
weeks that often come along with an in-office position? Would you
welcome the opportunity to work from home for an award-winning
organization up to 35 hours a week, Monday through Friday, during
traditional daytime business hours while inspiring a remote team of
experienced client-facing accountants? If so, we may have the
perfect opportunity for you! --In this highly impactful, hands-on
role, you will utilize your client service management expertise and
accounting knowledge to drive a delightful client experience. Your
extensive management experience will help continue to build
Supporting Strategies reputation as a wonderfully unique place to
work.--About Supporting Strategies--Since 2004, we have been
empowering business owners by taking bookkeeping and operational
support functions off their plates allowing them to focus on their
core business. Supporting Strategies experienced professionals use
our cutting-edge cloud-based platform, virtual infrastructure and
proven process to deliver a full suite of outsourced services,
including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bookkeeping,
financial reporting, controller level services and payroll
administration.-- --Supporting Strategies has over 100 offices
throughout the U.S. and is continuing to grow rapidly!-- This
momentum has created exceptional opportunities for accountants who
enjoy managing remote teams and working closely with a variety of
clients.-- Consider joining us for a rewarding accounting career
that offers compelling professional challenges with optimal
work-life balance. --As our network of franchises grow, new team
managers are integral to our continued success.----Why Work for
- SOUGHT AFTER FLEXIBILITY!
- MEANINGFUL WORK/LIFE BALANCE Our unique, virtual,
work-from-home opportunities allow you to harmoniously balance your
family obligations, passions, and love of getting into the
- DISTINGUISHED REPUTATION Supporting Strategies has received the
distinction of being a Top 50 Franchisee Satisfaction Award winner
by Franchise Business Review for the past 4 years running.
Franchise Business Review has also named Supporting Strategies as
one of the Best Franchises for Women over the past 3 years
- LEADING EDGE TECHNOLOGY Opportunity to advance your technical
skills using the latest and most innovative cloud-based
platforms.ResponsibilitiesThe responsibilities associated with this
role are organized into areas that are very important to Supporting
Strategies as an organization. We have purposely chosen the word
delight when defining these responsibilities because it
appropriately captures how passionate we are about these
initiatives and we naturally hope you will share in our
sentiment.--Client Delight Building Great Client Relationships
- Provide exceptional accounting and operational service to our
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of professional accounting
and bookkeeping practices.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in technologies to
deliver outstanding quality service.
- Oversee client onboarding process for all assigned client
engagements in accordance with defined process.
- Implement our technology toolbox as applicable on all client
engagements to drive efficiency and client value.
- Serve as a resource to all assigned team members for guidance
on client tasks and/or resolution of client issues.
- Monitor team member performance by reviewing quality of work,
adherence to protocols, timeliness of deliverables and adherence to
client budgets. Provide coaching and feedback as needed.
- Build trusted advisor relationship with client executives by
gaining an in-depth understanding of their business needs and
objectives in order to proactively identify issues and provide
- Support clients evolving requirements by educating executives
on Supporting Strategies deep and varied expertise in accounting
and operational services.Team Delight Attracting, Managing and
Retaining Effective, Happy Professionals
- Partner with members of our Talent Acquisition team and your
Managing Director to manage the hiring process for remote
accountants assigned to you. This will include reviewing
pre-screened candidates, interviewing (, calling references) and
providing timely feedback.
- Orient and train newly assigned accountants in accordance with
Supporting Strategies standard process. Provide ongoing coaching to
deliver superior outsourced accounting and operational
- Balance workflow by aligning client needs with accountants
expertise and capacity in accordance with predetermined budgets.
Confer with your Managing Director regarding any potential capacity
issues in order to take proactive measures to ensure success.
- Review accountants work to ensure highest quality of service to
Supporting Strategies clients.
- Maintain profit margin for assigned clients and team.
- Schedule and lead annual performance reviews in accordance with
defined process.QualificationsThe qualified candidate must have the
following experience and attributes:
- A minimum of a Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or
- CPA or equivalent certification preferred.
- 10 years of related accounting experience with 4 years of
hands-on management experience including hiring, training and
developing a highly engaged service-oriented team.
- Availability to work up to 35 hours a week during daytime
business hours Monday through Friday supporting clients and team
- Experience in a Public Accounting firm highly desirable.
- Experience in developing strong remote team relationships based
on trust, accountability, integrity, and sharing of best
- Commitment to consistently follow established policies and
procedures while holding team members accountable to do the
- Superior relationship building skills and account management
experience with clients ranging from pre-revenue to $50m in
- Confidence in learning and embracing new technology including
QuickBooks (Enterprise and Online), Bill.com, Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in
a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality while working
with client data.----Is this opportunity not for you?-- Would you
be more interested in owning your own Supporting Strategies
franchise?-- Please visit our webpage, scroll to the bottom and
select the "Franchise Opportunities" link to learn more!
Keywords: Supporting Strategies, Austin , Manager, Remote Accounting Services (Virtual, PART-TIME) - Austin, Texas, Accounting, Auditing , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!